telent Project Planner
Location: GB Warwick/Haywood Road - GBWKB
Type of Job: Permanent
Ref No: V8965
Support a culture based on nuclear safety and quality throughout the project, acting as a role model for the internal team and external interfaces.
To play a lead role in the definition, planning, direction and delivery of a complex project in accordance with key stakeholders (both internal and external) and overall business requirements. This role will work in collaboration with the Lead Planner and senior management and work stream leads to, identify, evaluate and deliver on key project phases.
- Manage and coordinate a planning process, analyse and programme updates, progress and variance tracking and dashboard reporting either in its entirety or in cooperation with a project specific planner,
- Provide effective management of the projects schedule, reviewing on a regular basis with the work stream project leads, project team and senior management.
- Provide and support cost control updates and reporting of the financial performance through Oracle.
- Continual review of project performance throughout the project life cycle to ensure effective management and successful delivery.
- To prepare a project work breakdown structure and plan / schedule which can deliver the project objectives.
- Support the development of schedules at different stages of the lifecycle, with the ability to analyses, and document inter-departmental and intra-departmental business process flows.
- Provide project performance measurement and reporting.
- Represent and contribute to planning topic discussions and meetings.
- Ensure that the project team is kept regularly updated and familiar with programme schedule.
- Identify and monitor schedule related risks and support mitigations measures.
- Drive continuous improvement
Business Operations Skills -Experience
- Demonstrable success planning telecommunications and/or capital works projects with high technology content in a safety or mission critical environment and involving contractual frameworks such as NEC3.
- Knowledge of working in a highly regulated and safety critical environment, such as nuclear
- Knowledge of working in the construction sector, including safety and environmental requirements and how these are applied, monitored and improved.
- Proven ability as a Project Support in all aspects of planning, coordinating, documenting, scheduling and progressing and reporting of project progress.
- Background in the development and implementation of project schedule analytics and reporting methodologies and techniques (e.g. Critical Path analysis and risk management)
- Experience at developing and implementing schedules at different stages of the lifecycle, identifies critical path and process dependencies Excellent Client facing skills, comfortable engaging at senior levels within their organisation
- Experience of managing multiple stakeholders and building strong relationships with the Client and Suppliers to meet the programme objectives will be essential for this role.
- Strong and proven ability to work under pressure
- Experience of delivery in the nuclear sector would be an advantage
Business Operations Skills – Qualifications
- Proficient in Primavera and CPM planning methodologies
- Practical use of planning applications including Primavera P6, Microsoft Project and Microsoft Office applications including, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Management Successful Programmes (MSP).
- Strong communications skills (both written and verbal).
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills.
- Strong planning and scheduling knowledge
- Degree or equivalent in an appropriate discipline
Along with telent employee behaviours, these additional behaviours are required for HPC:
- Demonstrating that safety and nuclear safety, is the first consideration. Applying the Zero Harm principle
- Being prepared to “call out” when something is “not right” in a constructive and positive way.
- A desire to build robust working relationships beyond company boundaries.
- Honesty, to admit or point out when things are not going well
- Constantly seeking ways to raise performance and encouraging others to do so.
- Self-awareness and humility. Being aware of one’s own limitations and welcoming the help and support of others.
- Understanding the skills of the team members and valuing the contribution that each makes.
- Respecting the views and opinions of others, especially when they disagree with them.
- Always trying to be clear when communicating with others, taking the time to explain and to confirm the other person’s understanding.
- Recognising the power of working collaboratively.
- Resilience when faced with problems, seeking solutions and remaining positive.
Excellent Employee Benefits:
telent is committed to ensuring that we offer industry leading career opportunities, salary and benefits packages. Join us and you can expect to receive:
- 33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
- Company pension scheme
- A range of family friendly policies including childcare vouchers
- An employee-funded car leasing scheme
- Occupational health support
- Telent Rewards Scheme
So why choose telent for your next opportunity?
- To build, run and maintain a successful network, you need a connected approach – a team you can trust from strategy to support, and everything in between. At telent, this is what we do!
- As part of our team, you could be working with some of the biggest names in the Traffic, Rail, Public Safety, Defence and Service Provider sectors including London Underground, Network Rail, Transport for London, RNLI, MOD and Virgin Media. You’ll help us ensure the most important messages get through – however tough the conditions.
- Here are just some of the ways we’re different:
- You’ll go further with us. We understand the importance of career development and will give you all the support you need to realise your potential. You’ll receive formal training, e-learning and mentoring from top professionals. And we offer opportunities to transfer to other sectors – or even different technology areas.
- You’ll make a difference. You could be working outdoors, battling the elements, or in one of our many offices helping us develop the network infrastructures of tomorrow.
- You’ll be treated as an individual. We’re not a vast corporation, which means every individual counts. With us, you’ll be valued and supported, involved and empowered from day one.
- You’ll be well rewarded. We offer salary progression that reflects market rates and personal performance, a flexible working environment and excellent training.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications.
telent is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion.