In these extraordinary times of the coronavirus outbreak telent is continuing to Recruit. We provide services to customers which are integral to providing mission critical systems and infrastructure across the UK and Ireland and we need to continue to deliver those services.
To help limit the amount of face to face contact during the recruitment process, we will now do more online assessments and use Skype/Conf Calls for interviews wherever possible.
In this role you will be acting as a Principle Engineer for the Engineering department on a number of key projects within within the Public Safety sector. You will be acting as the primary technical lead for these projects, reporting to the Project Manager and be responsible for a small technical team for the duration of the work. Close customer liaison will be key as well as managing and supporting the delivery of system infrastructure changes and commissioning activities of projects including design, test, and handover.
You will ensure all work is completed on time and to high standards.
Typical duties include:
- Work hand in hand with the Project Team and Customers
- Liaise with suppliers in the production of project designs and resolutions to problems.
- Review customer Requests for Change and produce technical responses and resource estimates on behalf of the Operational Service team.
- Attend customer technical workshops and be able to present technical proposals.
- Produce design documentation that reflects the system implementation to a high degree.
- Produce test documentation to validate the implemented designs and system changes.
- Prepare and configure systems for FAT and SAT testing.
- Carryout witnessed testing.
- Carryout onsite commissioning.
- Provide support to site implementation team.
- Production of handover documents.
- Report against programme to relevant project manager.
- Implement robust processes that aim to eliminate telent incurred re-work costs in all delivery phases.
- Effective communicator (both written and verbal).
- Test defect management
Business Operations Skills - Experience
- Experience in support, design, and project delivery on any of the following will be required:
- Engineering design and delivery practices
- IT Systems and Service delivery
- Server Hardware
- Windows OS (Server and Desktop Client)
- Computer Aided Dispatch Systems
- Voice Systems (TDM and/or SIP)
- Active Directory administration and Group Policy creation
- IP Network Routing and Switching, and Firewalls.
- Proven knowledge of Health & Safety and best working practices.
- An understanding of Security and Quality standards applicable to the IT Engineering sector
- Experienced in working in the Blue light sector.
- IT Security
- IT Management systems
- System testing and Test management
- Previous experience with Fire Service Command and Control systems.
- Operational Acceptance testing
Business Operations Skills – Qualifications
- Degree/HND/HNC educated in an IT Engineering discipline. The depth and breadth of experience will be taken into account for all candidates
Excellent Employee Benefits: Desirable
telent is committed to ensuring that we offer industry leading career opportunities, salary and benefits packages. Join us and you can expect to receive:
- 33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
- Company pension scheme
- A range of family friendly policies including childcare vouchers
- An employee-funded car leasing scheme
- Occupational health support
- Telent Rewards Scheme
So why choose telent for your next opportunity?
- To build, run and maintain a successful network, you need a connected approach – a team you can trust from strategy to support, and everything in between. At telent, this is what we do!
- As part of our team, you could be working with some of the biggest names in the Traffic, Rail, Public Safety, Defence and Service Provider sectors including London Underground, Network Rail, Transport for London, RNLI, MOD and Virgin Media. You’ll help us ensure the most important messages get through – however tough the conditions.
- Here are just some of the ways we’re different:
- You’ll go further with us. We understand the importance of career development and will give you all the support you need to realise your potential. You’ll receive formal training, e-learning and mentoring from top professionals. And we offer opportunities to transfer to other sectors – or even different technology areas.
- You’ll make a difference. You could be working outdoors, battling the elements, or in one of our many offices helping us develop the network infrastructures of tomorrow.
- You’ll be treated as an individual. We’re not a vast corporation, which means every individual counts. With us, you’ll be valued and supported, involved and empowered from day one.
- You’ll be well rewarded. We offer salary progression that reflects market rates and personal performance, a flexible working environment and excellent training.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications.
telent is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion.