The role of the Senior Engineer within Network Services is to resolve highly complex technical design or service issues that cannot be resolved through the normal operations and maintenance procedures and provide leadership for root cause analysis. To work closely with the Principal Engineers, Technical Design Authority and the other technical resources. To act as a mentor for their chosen field. The Senior Engineer will also support the Sales and Presales teams by providing the technical expertise required to close sales opportunities. This will typically involve technical presentations, solution demonstrations, solution design/configuration, proposal and bid response documentation.
- To act as a technical lead within the customer account for both internal and external requirements.
- To act as an internal technical escalation point and to be able to mentor/coach internal resources to achieve a higher level of service.
- To act as a technical lead to resolves technical problems, either design or support related problems. To take a lead where required in root cause analysis to drive issue resolution and limit impact to the customer.
- To train internal staff on product and customer networks.
- To review and report on specific customer incidents and to manage customer expectations. To add value and highlight trends within the call data. Ensuring escalation and feedback drives a high level of performance throughout telent.
- To be responsible for the documentation and upkeep of technical databases relating to the customers network infrastructure such that internal engineering colleagues can refer to this information held on either a WiKi or KEDB, assisting in the resolution of customer incidents and problems.
- To assist in the build and design of Proof of Concept scenarios, Type Approval activities in the telent labs. To help in the creation of test type documentation and test scenarios.
- Assist and/or lead in the pre-staging of equipment to be installed on customer sites as part of projects or installs.
- To attend, as required, the following customer facing meetings, support reviews, project based, monthly service reviews, weekly incident reviews.
- Produce and Peer Review Low Level Designs
- Produce and Peer Review High Level Designs
- To assist Principal engineers in the development and demonstrations of new solutions both internally and externally.
- Be an expert in the required Technology for your section. Create and deliver: technical presentations, solution demonstrations, solution design/configuration, and proposal development.
- Provide Technical assistance to the sales teams in whatever format is required (e.g. in customer meetings, presentations and response to tenders) so that opportunities are supported with the correct Technical expertise.
- Ensure time sheets are accurate and submitted weekly. Incident call updates, where required, are accurate, timely and meaningful. Overtime and expenses are completed and submitted accurately.
- Handling and protection of telent information and reporting of security incidents as defined in the Information Security Policy and the HR Information Security Policy.
- Networking certification to at least Professional Level JNCIP
- Subject Matter Expert in at least one and preferably more chosen discipline SP, SEC, ENT, DC or CLOUD
- Multi discipline required
- Demonstrable experience supporting Service Provider and Enterprise Grade Networks
As a contractor working with telent you can expect to receive:
- PAYE or Limited Company contractor options
- Weekly Pay
- A designated team to help you with your queries
So why choose telent for your next opportunity?
- To build, run and maintain a successful network, you need a connected approach – a team you can trust from strategy to support, and everything in between. At telent, this is what we do!
- As part of our team, you could be working with some of the biggest names in the Traffic, Rail, Public Safety, Defence and Service Provider sectors including London Underground, Network Rail, Transport for London, RNLI, MOD and Virgin Media. You’ll help us ensure the most important messages get through – however tough the conditions.
- Here are just some of the ways we’re different:
- You’ll go further with us. We understand the importance of career development and will give you all the support you need to realise your potential. You’ll receive formal training, e-learning and mentoring from top professionals. And we offer opportunities to transfer to other sectors – or even different technology areas.
- You’ll make a difference. You could be working outdoors, battling the elements, or in one of our many offices helping us develop the network infrastructures of tomorrow.
- You’ll be treated as an individual. We’re not a vast corporation, which means every individual counts. With us, you’ll be valued and supported, involved and empowered from day one.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications.
Please note this vacancy is also being advertised externally and the closing date may be brought forward if a suitable candidate is found.
telent is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion.