• Highways England have awarded telent the contract for the operation and management of NRTS2 (National Roads Telecommunication Services), NRTS is the network of communication and control that Highways England uses to monitor and manage England’s motorways and major trunk roads, it is a critical component of national infrastructure supporting the country’s 4,400 mile strategic road network.
• The contract includes a major technology transformation programme in addition to general maintenance and management of the network; The transformation programme comprises of 11 technology projects, including the introduction of new wireless and IP CCTV services, new management systems and the next-generation upgrade of all technology, this will ultimately enable Highways England to prepare for the future and enable safer roads, more efficient delivery and a better road user experience.
• To provide all aspects of service within the lab environment. This is required for both internal and external requirements.
• To produce customer demonstration topology and design documentation, create topology catalogues and rack layout diagrams.
• To build and configure internal and external test and demonstration labs.
• Create and maintain a software library (backup) and license database and highlight renewals and costs.
• Understand the commercial aspects around the running of each lab environment (CAPEX, OPEX).
• Assist in the production of associated Proof of Concept documentation and drawings as required from customer’s specifications.
• Lead the pre-staging of equipment to be installed on customer sites as part of projects or installation work.
• Lead any on site activities that require Focal Engineering level quality control.
• Develop relationships within designated customer facing areas, maintaining the high levels of customer satisfaction.
• Develop and distribute literature (internal and external) championing the telent lab environment and service offerings.
• Ownership of the SDN/NFV/Automation/Orchestration platforms within the CE Lab.
• Present and train out obtained knowledge from vendor lead technology sessions (Hardware platforms) to the wider Focal Engineering team
• Train and mentor junior lab technicians
• Make sure that time sheets are accurate and submitted weekly, any required updates are accurate, timely and meaningful to customers and overtime and expenses are filled out and submitted accurately.
• Handling and protection of telent information and reporting of security incidents as defined in the Information Security Policy and the HR Information Security Policy.
• Technically leading from the front.
• Excellent work ethic and a strong sense of ownership
• Remain hands-on with technology
• Builds trust and a collaborative relationship with stakeholders across the organisation and colleagues within the team
• Strives for continuous improvement, delivers and supports new processes and directions
• Excellent customer facing and presentation skills
• Excellent verbal and written communications
• Leadership qualities
• Presentation skills
• Technical skills
• Problem solving skills
• Commercial / business awareness
• Ability to work independently
Business Operations Skills/Experience:
• Experience:3 Years + Experience supporting Service Provider Networks
Business Operations Skills /Qualifications:
• Networking certification of CCNP R&S and/or Juniper JNCIS–SP
Excellent employee benefits:
telent is committed to ensuring that we offer industry leading career opportunities, salary and benefits packages. Join us and you can expect to receive:
• 33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
• Company pension scheme
• A range of family friendly policies
• An employee-funded car leasing scheme
• Occupational health support
• Discounts on Cinema, Restaurants and Shopping with telent Reward scheme
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications.
telent is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion.