Do you have a background in CCTV technology with system integration experience with data networks, VMware or network management? We are looking for engineers with experience in these areas to for a national critical infrastructure transformation project. The successful candidate can be based in either our Warwick or Wellingborough offices.
Highways England have awarded telent the contract for the operation and management of NRTS2 (National Roads Telecommunication Services), NRTS is the network of communication and control that Highways England uses to monitor and manage England’s motorways and major trunk roads, it is a critical component of national infrastructure supporting the country’s 4,400mile strategic road network.
The contract includes a major technology transformation programme in addition to general maintenance and management of the network; The transformation programme comprises of 11 technology projects, including the introduction of new wireless and IP CCTV services, new management systems and the next-generation upgrade of all technology, this will ultimately enable Highways England to prepare for the future and enable safer roads, more efficient delivery and a better road user experience.
You will be responsible for undertaking all technical CCTV integration aspects of projects. This will include producing design packages, ensuring all works are carried out to the correct standard. You will ensure designs are compliant to contract technical requirements, are risk assessed and are fully integrated with other disciplines. You will produce test documentation to validate implemented designs and provide technical support to implementation teams. You will also produce as-built documentation and associated test results. Effectively you will be the link between the software development and project deliver teams. You will have the ability to understand software design and how the system will work in practice on site.
Skill, experience and qualifications required:
- CCTV technology experience including Verint CCTV cameras, HTP NIP systems and data management (asset databases)
- Strong experience in system design, integration and testing in one or more of the following technologies:
- CCTV (Analogue and IP) including VMS integration with inhouse produced software and ONVIF cameras
- Data networks including SolarWinds & TeMip IP
- network management including data management and assets using Solarwinds & TeMip
- Experience writing integration control documents (ICD)
- Keen problem solver
- Strong documentation skills
- Good communicator
- Ability to work effectively within a team
- Preferably (but not essential) a degree or HNC in an engineering related subject
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications.
telent is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion.