Telecoms Operations Manager, North East (Permanent)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Operations Manager. We would love to hear from you if you have experience of installation work within a telecom’s environment.
You’ll be working in a part of telent that is dedicated to transforming the way support is delivered nationwide to Openreach and other network operators. We aim to be the UK’s leading network installation business, harnessing and enhancing the skills of our people to deliver high-quality cost-effective services.
You’ll receive formal training. – and on-the-job training where appropriate – to ensure you’re up-skilled as technology develops along with E-learning schemes to help or refresh skills on-line
You’ll be treated as an individual. We’re not a vast corporation, which means every individual counts. With us, you’ll be valued and supported, involved and empowered from day one.
In these extraordinary times of the coronavirus outbreak telent is continuing to Recruit. We provide services to customers which are integral to providing mission critical systems and infrastructure across the UK and Ireland and we need to continue to deliver those services.
To help limit the amount of face to face contact during the recruitment process, we will now do more online assessments and use Skype/Conf Calls for interviews wherever possible.
Reporting to the Operations Director, you will be responsible and accountable for the Operational and Financial delivery of a Direct Labour Depot working on the Openreach External Network.
- Safety – ensure that safe working practices are adopted as the top priority for all activities undertaken and that they are supported by all relevant documentation correctly completed.
- HA Relationships – work with suppliers and Highways Authorities locally to develop an effective working relationship through consistent high levels of streetworks compliance and reinstatement quality.
- System Compliance – in line with telent’s mandatory workflow requirements ensure that suppliers are fully compliant in the operation of telent’s systems.
- Inspection Regime – using Field Manager and Connect Mobile systems ensure that you and your team of Field Agents complete in-progress, gate and retro checks in line with business requirements.
- Connect Mobile – ensure that all suppliers are fully compliant with the operating and reporting requirements.
- Agent Management – set clear business aligned objectives and regular 1:1 reviews with all your staff.
- Status X – work with suppliers to manage all status X jobs to within a 30 day age profile.
- Invoicing – provide support in the resolution of any queries at invoicing.
- Whereabouts – ensure your suppliers submit an accurate daily whereabouts for all their staff engaged on telent work and distribute to all stakeholders.
- Supplier Competence – ensure that only competent people are assigned to each task and that TAD is fully up to date for all your suppliers. Identify and arrange training where necessary.
- Stores Compliance – through regular inspections, confirm that all materials and other issued items are stored in the correct conditions.
- Supplier Mobilisation – support new suppliers through successful mobilisation.
- Culture & Behaviour – manage your suppliers to operate to the ‘Code of Considerate Contractors’.
- Operative On-boarding – ensure that any new operatives adhere to the operative on-boarding process and are not deployed on active work in the Field until fully competent. To include systems training and compliance.
- telent Policies & Procedures – familiarise yourself and your team with telent’s policies and procedures and adherence to them.
- Quality – drive your suppliers to adopt a right first time culture and clear any Section 72 and product defects in line with agreed SLAs. Provide support for internal or HA coring programmes.
- Vehicles – complete checks to confirm the suitability and safety of all vehicles deployed on telent work and the eligibility of all drivers.
- High Risk Activities – manage hot jobs and temporary works on your footprint.
- Waste Management – ensure all waste generated through telent works is managed by the supplier parent in line with environmental legislation and business processes
Business Operations Skills – Experience:
• 2 – 5 years’ experience in a delivery/operational management role.
• Previous experience of supervising civils or cable gangs working in the highways network.
Business Operations Skills – Qualifications:
- NRSWA Unit 2 & 10
- IOSH Managing Safely
- In addition to the ‘all employee’ training an Operations Compliance Manager must complete the following training within 6 months of being appointed:
- Incident Investigation
- Root Cause Analysis
- Hot Job Monitor
- Negotiation Skills
- First Aid at Work – Appointed Person Awareness
- Managing Temporary Works
- Use of Solo, Qlikview, Connect etc.
- Tenacity – maintains focus on goals and objectives despite setbacks and challenges to progress.
- Commitment – is target driven and ensures all actions taken are in pursuit of business goals.
- Safety Conscious – is pro-active in matters of safety and is committed to keeping pace with standards and legislation. Fosters a safety first culture with own team, suppliers and customers.
- Quality Focussed – knows the importance of a right first time culture, is a clear and proactive communicator promoting best practice across the business.
Excellent employee benefits:
telent is committed to ensuring that we offer industry leading career opportunities, salary and benefits packages. Join us and you can expect to receive:
- 33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
- Company pension scheme
- Occupational health support
- Discounts on Cinema, Restaurants and Shopping with telent Reward scheme
If you are looking for an new challenge and the opportunity to work for a forward-thinking key player within the telecommunications sector then don’t delay, apply today.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications.
telent is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion.