Are you a qualified security information risk professional (e.g. CISSP, CISM, CISA, ISO 27001 Lead Implementer / Lead Auditor or similar) keen to provide security risk management support to a critical national infrastructure project?
In these extraordinary times of the coronavirus outbreak telent is continuing to Recruit. We provide services to customers which are integral to providing mission critical systems and infrastructure across the UK and Ireland and we need to continue to deliver those services.
To help limit the amount of face to face contact during the recruitment process, we will now do more online assessments and use Skype/Conf Calls for interviews wherever possible.
Reporting to the Head of Security and Business Continuity – NRTS, you will be responsible for providing security risk management support to the National Roads Telecommunication Services (NRTS) Transformation Programme. This will include:
- Making security information and risk recommendations based on latest government policy and industry thinking
- Conducting risk assessment workshops and managing the resulting documentation
- Managing risk treatment plans through the project lifecycle
- Working with the technical and project teams to ensure that designs meet project security requirements at the relevant phase of delivery
- Document the security aspects of these designs (in conjunction with the Security Architect)
- Applying Information Security Management System (ISMS) policies where applicable to all Transformation projects
- Advising Project Managers on security policies and processes to be followed
- Providing support and/or mentoring across the NRTS Security Team as required
Highways England have awarded telent the contract for the operation and management of NRTS2 (National Roads Telecommunication Services), NRTS is the network of communication and control that Highways England uses to monitor and manage England’s motorways and major trunk roads, it is a critical component of national infrastructure supporting the country’s 4,400mile strategic road network.
The contract includes a major technology transformation programme in addition to general maintenance and management of the network; The transformation programme comprises of 11 technology projects, including the introduction of new wireless and IP CCTV services, new management systems and the next-generation upgrade of all technology, this will ultimately enable Highways England to prepare for the future and enable safer roads, more efficient delivery and a better road user experience.
Skills, experience and qualifications required:
- Professional security qualifications (e.g. CISSP, CISM, CISA, ISO 27001 Lead Implementer / Lead Auditor)
- CESG Certified Professional (CCP) SIRA or Security Architect
- Experience of providing advice to a range of stakeholders on industry security standards, best practice and HMG policy including Cabinet Office Security Policy Framework, HMG Security Classification Policy, ISO/IEC27001:2013, Cyber Essentials, NCSC Guidelines and Principles
- Strong Security Risk management background including various risk management methodologies / strategies – ISO 27005 / 31000
- Strong and proven ability to work under pressure
- Excellent communication and influence skills
- Demonstrable experience of managing multiple stakeholders, projects and initiatives with limited supervision
- Awareness of HMG Security Assurance procedures
- Ability to demonstrate a proactive commitment to continual improvement
- Demonstrates passion and enthusiasm to succeed
- Challenges the status quo, drives and supports new processes and directions
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, at all levels within the business.
Excellent employee benefits:
telent is committed to ensuring that we offer industry leading career opportunities, salary and benefits packages. Join us and you can expect to receive:
- 33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
- Company pension scheme
- A range of family friendly policies
- An employee-funded car leasing scheme
- Occupational health support
- Discounts on Cinema, Restaurants and Shopping with telent Reward scheme
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications.
telent is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion.