This role provides engineering support for the maintenance, installation, test, and commissioning of system level products within the current company portfolio. The portfolio currently includes IP Microwave, PMR, DMR, Tetra, and WiFi services for customer contracts and projects across the Network Services business. This will involve working on all design and commissioning activities including site surveys, design, build, test, and handover.
You will ensure all work is completed on time and to high standards. You must be self-motivated and confident as working on your own is as important as being an integral part of the team.
- Design, installation, set-up and commission of wireless systems.
- Planning wireless systems, including IP Microwave links using system tools such as ICS Telecom.
- Supporting the design and documentation of customer systems, providing solution designs and site reports.
- Ensure that designs are delivered to the project requirements in accordance with appropriate regulations.
- Support the creation of High-level and Low-level system designs from customer requirements.
- Assisting in the design of Proof of Concept scenarios.
- Carry out problem investigations and write up the results.
- Review customer Requests for Change and produce technical responses and resource estimates on behalf of the Operational Service team.
- Attend customer technical workshops and be able to present technical proposals.
- Produce design documentation that reflects the system implementation to a high degree.
- Produce test documentation to validate the implemented designs and system changes.
- Prepare and configure systems for systems testing.
- Provide support to site implementation teams.
- Carry out systems upgrades through change control and release management activities.
- Provide support for sales activities and product reviews.
- Produce handover documents for operational use.
- At least 5 years’ experience in the build, delivery, and test of a variety of wireless technologies.
- Knowledge, experience & understanding of IP based wireless technologies.
- Experience on multi-vendor technologies covering licensed and unlicensed products, including but not restricted to Satellite, Point-to-Point, Point-to-Multi-Point, Wi-Fi.
- Competent to produce system documentation and survey reports.
- Full UK driving licence.
- Able to work at heights and in confined spaces.
- Able to work under own initiative to deadlines
- Able to support occasional work away from home.
- Proven knowledge of Health & Safety and best working practices.
- An understanding of Security and Quality standards applicable to the Engineering sector.
- Experience in Radio and Microwave planning using tools such as ICS Telecom, PathLoss, iBwave, iBuildNet, Ekahau Professional.
- Experience of working on a large, multisite projects
- Experience of working on critical infrastructure
- Experienced in working in the Blue light sector.
- Experience in Ceragon Microwave products
- System testing and Test management.
- Confined space trained.
- Advanced climber trained.
- CSCS trained holding a current card.
- Current Working at height and/or Critical Safety Worker certificate
- Degree or HNC/HND in an Engineering related subject or equivalent.
- Recognised technical qualification in at least one of the technical disciplines.
- Ideally hold a recognised certification in RF planning.
Will be required to work unsupervised so must be able to manage and deliver against deliverables.
Will be required to mentor and guide less experienced members of the team when required to do so.
Must be flexible to work in any geographic location/region required by telent.
Excellent Employee Benefits:
telent is committed to ensuring that we offer industry leading career opportunities, salary and benefits packages. Join us and you can expect to receive:
- 33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
- Company pension scheme
- A range of family friendly policies including childcare vouchers
- An employee-funded car leasing scheme
- Occupational health support
- telent Rewards Scheme
So why choose telent for your next opportunity?
- To build, run and maintain a successful network, you need a connected approach – a team you can trust from strategy to support, and everything in between. At telent, this is what we do!
- As part of our team, you could be working with some of the biggest names in the Traffic, Rail, Public Safety, Defence and Service Provider sectors including London Underground, Network Rail, Transport for London, RNLI, MOD and Virgin Media. You’ll help us ensure the most important messages get through – however tough the conditions.
- Here are just some of the ways we’re different:
- You’ll go further with us. We understand the importance of career development and will give you all the support you need to realise your potential. You’ll receive formal training, e-learning and mentoring from top professionals. And we offer opportunities to transfer to other sectors – or even different technology areas.
- You’ll make a difference. You could be working outdoors, battling the elements, or in one of our many offices helping us develop the network infrastructures of tomorrow.
- You’ll be treated as an individual. We’re not a vast corporation, which means every individual counts. With us, you’ll be valued and supported, involved and empowered from day one.
- You’ll be well rewarded. We offer salary progression that reflects market rates and personal performance, a flexible working environment and excellent training.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications.
telent is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion.