telent, NHSS8 Assessor
Permanent, Worldwide field
Every time you pick up the phone, surf the Internet, travel on a motorway, catch a train, bus or tube, or even dial 999; chances are telent have enabled the technology to make this happen.
With current annual revenues in excess of £400M and 2,400 employees. We operate within various industry sectors including Rail, Traffic, Public Safety, Defence, Service Providers, Enterprise and Public Sector.
We design, deliver and support solutions and services which enable organisations to create, improve and maintain their ICT and communication and networks.
The NHSS8 Assessor will monitor compliance to National Highways Sector Scheme 8, will conduct site inspections and assessment and support
the progress of telent operatives in gaining their mandatory CBQ/NVQ qualifications under NHSS8 and in maintaining their mandatory competency portfolios.
Key duties would include, but may not be limited to:
• Conduct site inspection and assessments.
• Provide support and guidance to operatives in achieving their CBQ/NVQ qualifications.
• Provide evidence and on site assessment in support of the qualification.
• Produce action plan to show end-to-end process for operatives to achieve their qualification against
• Undertake regular review of progress against timescales.
• Produce monthly report detailing progress against objectives and any risks to the identified timescales.
• Prepare Workbooks for submission to CBQ/NVQ Internal Verifiers.
• Provide AO and QS support under NHSS8.
• Conduct Desktop Reviews of Portfolios.
• Liaise with Training Manager and Heads of Projects and Schemes and Service Operations on forward programme for operatives CBQ/NVQ Qualification.
An working understanding and experience of NHSS8 and HERS.
An understanding of the Highways Electrical Industry
• PC literate in Microsoft Office including Word & Excel.
• An understanding and compliance with the relevant quality, environmental, health and safety legislation.
• Understanding and compliance of Information Security Management procedures.
• B/TEC Ordinary National Certificate in electronics/telecommunications engineering (or an equivalent
qualification) OR several years experience working in Motorway Comms/Traffic Signal industry or closely related
• Training qualification (or willing to achieve).
Excellent Employee benefits:
telent is committed to ensuring that we offer industry leading career opportunities, salary and benefits packages. Join us and you can expect to receive:
• 33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
• Company pension scheme
• A range of family friendly policies
• An employee-funded car leasing scheme
• Occupational health support
• Discounts on Cinema, Restaurants and Shopping with telent Reward scheme
telent is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion.