The role of the Operations Manager within Network Services is responsible for controlling the delivery to programme and cost for the replacement of a Radio Network infrastructure across multiple sites across the whole of the UK.
- Controlling and reporting against the day to day operations across multiple sites being delivered across the whole of the UK.
- Overseeing all activities delivering the various projects.
- Work alongside suppliers to ensure they delivering to agreed planned dates.
- Work with the commercial team to ensure the projects are delivered on time and against budget.
- Ensure that delivery, quality, and site activities are managed to the highest standards in all areas of delivery.
- Maintain a good understanding of contractual requirements and delivery of fibre-optic networks in the construction industry as required.
- Strong understanding of contractual requirements and commitments of contract is required as you will be the main interface with the daily activities of our suppliers.
- Understanding what your contractual obligations are and managing the reporting process is just as key as the delivery of the project on the ground.
- You need to understand the fibre optic / telecom sector and challenges and have previous experience of handling multiple installation of fibre networks alongside live street work-based projects based in both construction sites and public environment and understanding the stakeholders involved is vital.
- The handling of change will be one of the most important requirements which will include implementing change instructed by our client and change requested from our suppliers.
- Provide support to the Bid process
- To develop and maintain management relationships in the partners’ organisation and ensure they are nurtured.
- To ensure “right first time” process, procedures and behaviours are in place in conjunction with the Quality team.
Business Operations Skills
- 2-5 years’ experience of installation work in the telecom’s environment
- Understanding of what is required from Highways relating to Permits, noticing and Traffic management.
- The process and requirements when dealing with wayleaves.
Business Operations Qualifications
- A strong Telecoms background is essential with at least 2-5 years’ experience in managing & delivering telecoms projects along with an understanding of Street works & civils
- Project management qualification (Prince 2, APM) preferred but not essential.
- Full Driving Licence - Travel to various locations required
- Safety Conscious – is proactive in matters of safety and is committed to keeping pace with standards and legislation. Drives a safety-first culture within their own team, suppliers and client.
- Quality Focused- knows the importance of a right first-time culture, is clear and proactive communicator promoting best practice across the business.
- Problem Solving- has a positive attitude in the face of setbacks and can focus on providing and implementing solutions.
- Productivity – is focused on outcome for our client and can complete work on time, to cost and quality standards whilst always adhering to safe working practices.
- Results Focused- be able to achieve results through managing to clear targets.
Key Management Skills required for this role
- Excellent verbal and written communications
- Leadership qualities
- Presentation skills
- Technical skills
- Problem solving skills
- Commercial / business awareness
- Ability to work independently
Excellent Employee Benefits:
telent is committed to ensuring that we offer industry leading career opportunities, salary and benefits packages. Join us and you can expect to receive:
- 33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
- Company pension scheme
- A range of family friendly policies including childcare vouchers
- An employee-funded car leasing scheme
- Occupational health support
- telent Rewards Scheme
So why choose telent for your next opportunity?
- To build, run and maintain a successful network, you need a connected approach – a team you can trust from strategy to support, and everything in between. At telent, this is what we do!
- As part of our team, you could be working with some of the biggest names in the Traffic, Rail, Public Safety, Defence and Service Provider sectors including London Underground, Network Rail, Transport for London, RNLI, MOD and Virgin Media. You’ll help us ensure the most important messages get through – however tough the conditions.
- Here are just some of the ways we’re different:
- You’ll go further with us. We understand the importance of career development and will give you all the support you need to realise your potential. You’ll receive formal training, e-learning and mentoring from top professionals. And we offer opportunities to transfer to other sectors – or even different technology areas.
- You’ll make a difference. You could be working outdoors, battling the elements, or in one of our many offices helping us develop the network infrastructures of tomorrow.
- You’ll be treated as an individual. We’re not a vast corporation, which means every individual counts. With us, you’ll be valued and supported, involved and empowered from day one.
- You’ll be well rewarded. We offer salary progression that reflects market rates and personal performance, a flexible working environment and excellent training.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications.
telent is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion.