Great opportunity for a DevOps Engineer with source control systems, Powershell and Bash scripting experience, looking for a new challenge in a friendly team environment, supporting critical national infrastructure projects.
Within the telent Transport business, the software group develops key applications for use by our internal departments and customers. Currently we are expanding the development of our products to meet ongoing customer requirements and our own internal product development roadmap.
The DevOps Engineer will provide support for all teams within the Software department. Working with agile teams, which use scrum principles as their foundation, their primary focus will be supporting the build and release process for multiple products along with overseeing the migration of our current infrastructure to a new managed service platform.
We are looking for someone who has a passion for software delivery and who thrives in a collaborative working environment. In this role they will become a trusted adviser to both the teams and business, working closely with IT infrastructure, network engineers and developers to bridge the gap between development and the release of live products. We will rely on them to research and suggest new solutions, continuously encouraging improvement throughout the business.
Responsibilities to include:
- Administration of source control systems (GIT/Subversion) and branching policies
- Supporting the build and deployment of large-scale applications
- Assisting in the moving to a more distributed, high availability infrastructure
- Collaborating with IT and network engineers in the setup of network infrastructure
- Research and development of new DevOps tools
- Continuous improvement of the DevOps strategy
- Management of the departments virtual machine host resources
Required skills and experience:
- Experience in the full software development lifecycle
- Good knowledge of source control systems
- Extensive experience of PowerShell and Bash scripting
- Good knowledge of Visual Studio and Azure DevOps Services
- VMWare/Hyper-V experience
- Experience with automating application deployment and environment configuration management
- Knowledge of continuous build and integration practices
- Experience administering application servers, web servers and databases
- Experience working with Cloud computing
- Strong analysis, investigation and problem-solving skills
- Team orientated
- Strong communication skills
Excellent employee benefits:
telent is committed to ensuring that we offer industry leading career opportunities, salary and benefits packages. Join us and you can expect to receive:
- 33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
- Company pension scheme
- A range of family friendly policies
- An employee-funded car leasing scheme
- Occupational health support
- Discounts on Cinema, Restaurants and Shopping with telent Reward scheme
Want to know more about telent?
Every time you pick up the phone, surf the Internet, travel on a motorway, catch a train, bus or tube, or even dial 999; chances are telent have enabled the technology to make this happen. With current annual revenues of £399M, 2,200 employees and 50 operational locations across the UK and Ireland, we are a leading technology company which designs and delivers solutions and services for organisations to create, improve and maintain their ICT, mission critical communications networks and operational systems, vital in the effective operation of the nation’s infrastructure.
At the heart of many of the UK’s best-known brands, telent operates within multiple industry sectors including Transport, Service Provider, Public Safety, Defence and Government.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications.
telent is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion.