Great opportunity for a Software Quality Assurance (QA) Engineer to join our software team delivering a high-profile national project, controlling traction power through SCADA based software across the UK rail network on behalf of Network Rail.
Reporting to the Senior Software Development Lead, you will be working in an Agile sub-team within the software group, that primarily works on the Network Rail SCADA programme. As the Software QA Engineer for the team, you will be responsible for the quality of the delivered software. You’ll act as a gatekeeper for the repositories and facilitate the releases with the DevOps Engineer.
Responsibilities will include:
- Designing and implementing functional automated testing and non-functional tests on new software developments
- Triaging software bugs reported by colleagues and external stakeholders
- Contributing to the teams’ product offering
- Working with Developers and Business Analysts to create test plans
Required skills and experience:
- Experience implementing automated test frameworks
- Good working knowledge of SQL (or MySQL or Sqlite), Team Foundation Server and Git
- Preferably experience of Rest APIs, NodeJs, Angular, Protractor, Selenium C♯ or Eggplant (or similar)
- Team player
- Customer focused
- Open to learning new skills and technologies and adhere to best practices.
- Strong attention to detail,
- Good communication skills
- Understanding of GDPR, data security and penetration testing
- Preferably a working knowledge of Agile frameworks, primarily SCRUM
- Ability to understand complex software from a user perspective
Excellent employee benefits:
telent is committed to ensuring that we offer industry leading career opportunities, salary and benefits packages. Join us and you can expect to receive:
- 33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
- Company pension scheme
- A range of family friendly policies
- An employee-funded car leasing scheme
- Occupational health support
- Discounts on Cinema, Restaurants and Shopping with telent Reward scheme
Want to know more about telent?
Every time you pick up the phone, surf the Internet, travel on a motorway, catch a train, bus or tube, or even dial 999; chances are telent have enabled the technology to make this happen. With current annual revenues of £399M, 2,200 employees and 50 operational locations across the UK and Ireland, we are a leading technology company which designs and delivers solutions and services for organisations to create, improve and maintain their ICT, mission critical communications networks and operational systems, vital in the effective operation of the nation’s infrastructure.
At the heart of many of the UK’s best-known brands, telent operates within multiple industry sectors including Transport, Service Provider, Public Safety, Defence and Government.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications.
telent is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion.