In these extraordinary times of the coronavirus outbreak telent is continuing to Recruit. We provide services to customers which are integral to providing mission critical systems and infrastructure across the UK and Ireland and we need to continue to deliver those services.
Highways England have awarded telent the contract for the operation and management of NRTS (National Roads Telecommunication Services), a critical component of national infrastructure supporting the country’s 4,400 mile strategic road network. This contract will provide an end-to-end managed service to build, maintain, and modernise the network.
We’re looking for Installation & Commissioning Engineers to join this exciting project working across the UK motorway network. Full product knowledge training and nationally accredited roadside training will be provided for successful candidates!
This Project has works across the UK so successful candidates will be required to stay away and be prepared for travelling long distances when required.
What will you be doing?
- You’ll be removing obsolete equipment and installing, testing and commissioning new kit going onto the network.
- You’ll test and terminate a varier of copper and fibre ends
- You’ll install active switch technology and stay in constant contact with our Network Operation Centres
- You’ll install and commission networking components including DWDM/CCTV/IPT equipment switches and routers
- You’ll maintain tracker tools for reporting information to track and monitor project progression
What do we need from you?
- You’ll ideally hold a City & Guilds 2391 Testing certificate or equivalent
- Experience of working with either copper or fibre
- Experience of Transmission and IP Networks
- You’ll be able to use Microsoft O365 packages including Word and Outlook
- Any previous experience working on the UK road network or HEA competencies are advantageous but not essential
Why should I apply?
telent is committed to ensuring that we offer industry leading career opportunities, salary and benefits packages. Join us and you can expect to receive:
- Nationally accredited training which will enable you to go out roadside
- Product knowledge training on the motorway network kit
- An essential vehicle
- 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays
- Access to discounts on a number of UK brands through our rewards scheme
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications.
telent is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion.