Telecoms PON Surveyor – S11, Location (Permanent)
Are you looking for your next challenge? We are currently seeking PON Surveyors. We would love to hear from you if you have previous experience of fibre cable activities on external telecom infrastructure contracts.
You’ll be working in a part of telent that is dedicated to transforming the way support is delivered nationwide to Openreach and other network operators, including Gigaclear. We aim to be the UK’s leading network installation business, harnessing and enhancing the skills of our people to deliver high-quality cost-effective services.
You’ll receive formal training and on-the-job training where appropriate – to ensure you’re up-skilled as technology develops along with E-learning schemes to help or refresh skills on-line.
You’ll be treated as an individual. We’re not a vast corporation, which means every individual counts. With us, you’ll be valued and supported, involved and empowered from day one.
In these extraordinary times of the coronavirus outbreak telent is continuing to Recruit. We provide services to customers which are integral to providing mission critical systems and infrastructure across the UK and Ireland and we need to continue to deliver those services.
To help limit the amount of face to face contact during the recruitment process, we will now do more online assessments and use Skype/Conf Calls for interviews wherever possible.
Reporting to the Direct Labour Supervisor you will be tasked to work on a major new Telecoms works project for our Client Openreach. The focus of the work will be to Survey 3rd party infrastructure to assess and record its suitability and document any proposed network upgrades/installations.
- Complete intrusive surveys on the underground and overhead network to locate blockages and establish clear cable routes.
- Assess CBT (Connectorised Block Terminal) locations to minimise overhead road crossings.
- Taking measurements, digital images as appropriate, recording plant sustainability and identifying risks.
- Owning, executing and delivering survey requirements within a geographic region.
- Highlight and escalate major variances to the nominated project lead.
- Ensure validity and accuracy of completed survey submissions and work is completed on time and to plan.
- Liaising with Cable Survey Teams & Coordinating outputs from those teams.
Safety Conscious – is pro-active in matters of safety and is committed to keeping pace with standards and legislation. Drives a safety-first culture with own team, suppliers and customers.
Quality Focussed – knows the importance of a right first-time culture, is a clear and proactive communicator promoting best practice across the business.
Business Operations Skills – Qualifications:
- NRSWA Unit 2
- S11 & S13 Accreditation/Orion Required
- Driving licence
Excellent employee benefits:
telent is committed to ensuring that we offer industry leading career opportunities, salary and benefits packages. Join us and you can expect to receive:
- 33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
- Company pension scheme
- A range of family friendly policies including childcare vouchers
- An employee-funded car leasing scheme
- Occupational health support
- Discounts on Cinema, Restaurants and Shopping with telent Reward scheme
If you are looking for an new challenge and the opportunity to work for a forward-thinking key player within the telecommunications sector then don’t delay, apply today.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications.
telent is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion.