Telent- IP Provisioning Engineer
In these extraordinary times of the coronavirus outbreak telent is continuing to Recruit. We provide services to customers which are integral to providing mission critical systems and infrastructure across the UK and Ireland and we need to continue to deliver those services.
We’re currently looking to recruit a number of Provisioning Engineers onto our NRTS programme. Working alongside an established team you’ll be responsible for the networking, configuring and provisioning of kit being placed out on the UK motorway network.
Due to the nature of the work will mostly consist of evening and night shifts of 40 hours per week.
What will I be doing?
- You’ll work on routine provisioning tasks assigned by the Provisioning manager, Project Manager/Engineer.
- You’ll be responsible for any administrative tasks related to provisioning.
- You’ll migrate legacy network and services to new network by following approved method of procedures.
- You’ll configure IP network (eg IP routers, Optical Transmission equipment, IP Access equipment, firewalls, security devices) to provide customer with the requested service
- You’ll manage assigned IP Provisioning/configuration tasks and ensure that all services are delivered in-line with targets with high quality. You’ll update and maintain provisioning records on the database, as well as providing assistance with IP and Ethernet service testing and implementation
- You’ll update and maintain provisioning records on the database, as well as providing assistance with IP and Ethernet service testing and implementation
- You’ll work with our Design teams and our Implementation teams to understand scope of works and co-ordinate installation, configuration and testing of new equipment and services.
We’d be delighted to hear from you if you have the following skills/experience:
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills to work with internal team members.
- A good understanding of the design methodologies and protocols used by service providers to build converged IP networks
- Understanding and experience with Scripting.
- Ethernet / IP / Optical knowledge and experience.
- Knowledge and experience of Nokia, Actelis or Juniper routers.
- Cisco CCNA or JNCIA certification
Excellent employee benefits:
telent is committed to ensuring that we offer industry leading career opportunities, salary and benefits packages. Join us and you can expect to receive:
- 33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
- Occupational health support
- Discounts on Cinema, Restaurants and Shopping with telent Reward scheme
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications.
telent is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion.