Telecoms EHS Auditor, National – Permanent
Are you looking for your next challenge? Do you have proven experience within Environmental Health & Safety, in particular auditing within the telecommunications or utilities sectors. Are you keen to further develop your career? If so, we would love to hear from you.
You’ll be working in a part of telent that is dedicated to transforming the way support is delivered nationwide to Openreach and other external network providers. We aim to be the UK’s leading network installation business, harnessing and enhancing the skills of our people to deliver high-quality cost-effective services.
You’ll receive formal training. – and on-the-job training where appropriate – to ensure you’re up-skilled as technology develops along with E-learning schemes to help or refresh skills on-line.
You’ll be treated as an individual. We’re not a vast corporation, which means every individual counts. With us, you’ll be valued and supported, involved and empowered from day one.
You’ll have opportunities to transfer into other sectors, and even different technology areas.
Reporting to the QEHS Systems Development and Improvement Manager and supporting the HS&S Team. The purpose of this role is to provide internal assurance in respect of the application and effectiveness of telent management systems.
- Leading telent Infrastructure Services Internal/External Audit Programme.
- Develop and review documentation for the delivery of telent management systems assurance programmes.
- Ensuring that an annual programme of supplier capability audits covering all key suppliers is established and implemented in accordance with procedures.
- Ensure records of all audit and assessment activities are maintained using the appropriate templates / forms.
- Providing monthly summary report outlining progress to the audit programme, in month results / audit activity and any other issues or aspects covered.
- Advising operational teams and suppliers in respect of recommended close out actions following either internal or external assessments.
- Coordination of new supplier pre on boarding assessments in conjunction with telent Supply Chain and the EHS Team.
- Knowledge of standards, processes and methods relevant to all aspects of Telecommunications installation activity and supplier management.
- Analytical and the ability to apply tools and methods to determine root-causes of failure.
- Able to communicate professionally and effectively with knowledge and authority regarding all aspects of the role, both internally and externally.
- Internal / External Auditor qualification (ISO standards).
- Entry level qualification or qualifications in a related discipline (for example NEBOSH Certificate).
Excellent employee benefits:
telent is committed to ensuring that we offer industry leading career opportunities, salary and benefits packages. Join us and you can expect to receive:
- 33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
- Company pension scheme
- Occupational health support
- Discounts on Cinema, Restaurants and Shopping with telent Reward scheme
If you are looking for a new challenge and the opportunity to work for a forward-thinking key player within the telecommunications sector then don’t delay, apply today.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications.
telent is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion.