Telecoms Field Based Coordinator, West Midlands/Staffordshire – Permanent
Are you looking for your next challenge? We are currently seeking a Field Based Coordinator. We would love to hear from you if you have experience of fibre cable activities on external telecom infrastructure contracts.
You’ll be working in a part of telent that is dedicated to transforming the way support is delivered nationwide to Openreach and other network operators, including Gigaclear. We aim to be the UK’s leading network installation business, harnessing and enhancing the skills of our people to deliver high-quality cost-effective services.
You’ll receive formal training and on-the-job training where appropriate – to ensure you’re up-skilled as technology develops along with E-learning schemes to help or refresh skills on-line.
You’ll be treated as an individual. We’re not a vast corporation, which means every individual counts. With us, you’ll be valued and supported, involved and empowered from day one.
In these extraordinary times of the coronavirus outbreak telent is continuing to Recruit. We provide services to customers which are integral to providing mission critical systems and infrastructure across the UK and Ireland and we need to continue to deliver those services.
To help limit the amount of face to face contact during the recruitment process, we will now do more online assessments and use Skype/Conf Calls for interviews wherever possible.
Reporting to and directed by the Project Manager you will be telent’s customer ambassador in the field, responsible for enabling the delivery all works in the telent workstack through the resolution of access and fluidity issues.
In the course of your duties you will liaise with Highways Authorities, Network Rail, local businesses and members of the public.
You will also be engaged in activities in support of hot jobs and will attend joint site meetings with any specialist contractors telent may engage.
- Safety and Streetworks – ensure that safe working practices are adopted as the top priority for all activities undertaken and that they are supported by all relevant, correctly completed documentation.
- Access – deal with members of the public and local businesses to resolve and local access issues.
- Joint Site Meetings – attend JSMs with asset owners to progress hot jobs and suppliers of specialist services e.g. directional drilling, to unlock fluidity.
- Telent Policies & Procedures – familiarise yourself and your team with telent’s policies and procedures and adherence to them.
- Urgent Safety Issues – make sure that you are available on the phone to support 2-hour and 4-hour defects as and when they are raised.
- Depot Management – support the Delivery Performance Manager in assessing any jobs in a Solo depot marked for closure before it is made inactive.
- Customer Relationship – develop a collaborative working relationship with all customer’s representatives locally through the delivery of outcomes that meet all customer requirements.
- Partner Performance – support your Partners in performing to such a level that service credits are not incurred, and the customer is satisfied with telent’s performance.
- Programme Management – work with Partner and PMO to ensure that jobs are programmed for delivery in line with business priorities and validated required by dates.
- Escalations/Complaints – work with Partners to ensure expedient resolution of all escalated issues.
- Access – work with Partners, members of the public and local businesses to resolve site access issues as they arise.
- Access – management of the wayleave and permission to dig processes locally.
- Variation Orders – support the Partner in the preparation of VO54 requests and quotations.
- RFA – work with Commercial and Supply Chain Management colleagues in the preparation of items for approval by the RFA Board.
- Job Fluidity – through the provision of technical solutions and deployment of civils avoidance techniques maximise fluidity in the telent workstack.
We’d be delighted to hear from you if you have the following skills/experience:
- 2 – 5 years’ experience of supervising civils, poling or cable gangs working in the highways network or having held a position of ‘site supervisor’ or similar in the construction or telecoms industry.
- NRSWA Unit 2 & 10
- IOSH Managing Safely
- Safety Conscious – is pro-active in matters of safety and is committed to keeping pace with standards and legislation. Fosters a safety-first culture with own team, Partners and customers.
- Quality Focussed – knows the importance of a right first-time culture, is a clear and proactive communicator promoting best practice across the business.
- Effective Relationships – builds strong and mutually beneficial working relationships with internal departments, local authorities, Partners and customers.
- Ownership – independently identifies and solves problems through the application of effective and timely solutions. Can always see a clear route to success.
- Priority Setting – is able to deal with changing priorities without becoming demotivated and keeping focused on business goals.
Excellent employee benefits:
telent is committed to ensuring that we offer industry leading career opportunities, salary and benefits packages. Join us and you can expect to receive:
- 33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
- Company pension scheme
- A range of family friendly policies including childcare vouchers
- An employee-funded car leasing scheme
- Occupational health support
- Discounts on Cinema, Restaurants and Shopping with telent Reward scheme
If you are looking for an new challenge and the opportunity to work for a forward-thinking key player within the telecommunications sector then don’t delay, apply today.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications.
telent is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion.