Telecoms Field Agent, Midlands/Staffordshire – 6 Month FTC
Are you looking for your next challenge? We are currently seeking a Field Agent. We would love to hear from you if you have experience of fibre cable activities on external telecom infrastructure contracts.
You’ll be working in a part of telent that is dedicated to transforming the way support is delivered nationwide to Openreach and other network operators, including Gigaclear. We aim to be the UK’s leading network installation business, harnessing and enhancing the skills of our people to deliver high-quality cost-effective services.
You’ll receive formal training and on-the-job training where appropriate – to ensure you’re up-skilled as technology develops along with E-learning schemes to help or refresh skills on-line.
You’ll be treated as an individual. We’re not a vast corporation, which means every individual counts. With us, you’ll be valued and supported, involved and empowered from day one.
In these extraordinary times of the coronavirus outbreak telent is continuing to Recruit. We provide services to customers which are integral to providing mission critical systems and infrastructure across the UK and Ireland and we need to continue to deliver those services.
To help limit the amount of face to face contact during the recruitment process, we will now do more online assessments and use Skype/Conf Calls for interviews wherever possible.
Reporting to and directed by the Operations Compliance Manager you will support gangs employed by telent’s Partners locally to ensure all safety, compliance and quality standards are met through a defined audit and inspection regime set out by the tIS business.
As required you will undertake competency assessments of Partner’s operatives and support the on-boarding of new operatives.
You will be required to audit complete/part completed works in support of Status X management and fluid invoicing.
- Safety – ensure that safe working practices are adopted as the top priority for all activities undertaken and that they are supported by all relevant documentation correctly completed.
- HA Relationships – work with Partners and Highways Authorities locally to develop an effective working relationship through ensuring consistent high levels of streetworks compliance and reinstatement quality.
- Inspection Regime – complete in-progress, gate and retro checks in line with business requirements. Recording all results and undertaking remedial actions with the Partner’s gangs. Ensure that no further improvement notices are issued by local Highways Authorities as a result of telent’s performance.
- Field Manager – monitor gang whereabouts and effectively manage your site visits using the Field Manager system.
- Connect Mobile – review site set up photographs on all current day jobs under your remit to gauge high level signing, lighting and guarding compliance and where appropriate give ‘permission to proceed’.
- Environmental Compliance – ensure that all activities undertaken in the field and at Partner’s depots are fully compliant with environmental legislation.
- Partner Competence – undertake assessments of Partner’s operatives against various TAD modules as required.
- Stores Compliance – through regular inspections, confirm that all materials and other issued items are stored in the correct conditions. Storage of waste/spoil must be within licenced parameters.
- On-boarding – support the Partner and Operations Compliance Manager with on-boarding of new Operatives.
- Telent Policies & Procedures – familiarise yourself and your team with telent’s policies and procedures and adhere to them.
- Quality – drive your Partners to adopt a right first-time culture and clear any Section 72 and product defects in line with agreed SLAs.
- Vehicles – complete checks to confirm the suitability and safety of all vehicles deployed on telent work and the eligibility of all drivers.
- Urgent Safety Issues – make sure that you are available on the phone to support 2- hour and 4-hour defects as and when they are raised.
- High Risk Activities – support the Operations Compliance Manager with all jobs that are categorised as ‘temporary works’ are managed under telent’s temporary works process.
- Hot Job Monitor - Represent telent at site meetings to facilitate hot jobs.
Business Operations Skills – Experience:
2 – 5 years’ experience of supervising civils, poling or cable gangs working in the highways network or having held a position of ‘site supervisor’ or similar in the construction or telecoms industry.
Business Operations Skills – Qualifications:
- NRSWA Unit 2 & 10
- IOSH Managing Safely
- In addition to the ‘all employee’ training a Field Agent must complete the following training within 6 months of being appointed:
- Incident Investigation
- Root Cause Analysis
- Hot Job Monitor
- Negotiation Skills
- First Aid at Work – Appointed Person/Awareness
- Managing Temporary Works
- Use of Solo, Qlikview, ConnecT etc.
- Tenacity – maintains focus on goals and objectives despite setbacks and challenges to progress.
- Commitment – is target driven and ensures all actions taken are in pursuit of business goals.
- Safety Conscious – is pro-active in matters of safety and is committed to keeping pace with standards and legislation. Fosters a safety first culture with own team, Partners and customers.
- Quality Focussed – knows the importance of a right first time culture, is a clear and proactive communicator promoting best practice across the business.
- Effective Relationships – builds strong and mutually beneficial working relationships with internal departments, local authorities, Partners and customers.
Excellent employee benefits:
telent is committed to ensuring that we offer industry leading career opportunities, salary and benefits packages. Join us and you can expect to receive:
- 33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
- Company pension scheme
- A range of family friendly policies including childcare vouchers
- An employee-funded car leasing scheme
- Occupational health support
- Discounts on Cinema, Restaurants and Shopping with telent Reward scheme
If you are looking for an new challenge and the opportunity to work for a forward-thinking key player within the telecommunications sector then don’t delay, apply today.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications.
telent is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion.