Telecoms Field Based Coordinator, Plymouth - Permanent
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Field Based Coordinator. We would love to hear from you if you have civils and fibre network experience within a telecom’s environment.
You’ll be working in a part of Telent that is dedicated to transforming the way support is delivered nationwide to Openreach and other external network providers. We aim to be the UK’s leading network installation business, harnessing and enhancing the skills of our people to deliver high-quality cost-effective services.
You’ll receive formal training. – and on-the-job training where appropriate – to ensure you’re up-skilled as technology develops along with E-learning schemes to help or refresh skills on-line
You’ll be treated as an individual. We’re not a vast corporation, which means every individual counts. With us, you’ll be valued and supported, involved and empowered from day one.
Reporting to and directed by the Project manager Manager you will be Telent’s customer ambassador in the field, responsible for enabling the delivery all works in the Telent workstack through the resolution of access and fluidity issues.
In the course of your duties you will liaise with Highways Authorities, Network Rail, local businesses and members of the public.
You will also be engaged in activities in support of hot jobs and will attend joint site meetings with any specialist contractors Telent may engage.
- Safety and Streetworks – ensure that safe working practices are adopted as the top priority for all activities undertaken and that they are supported by all relevant, correctly completed documentation.
- Joint Site Meetings – attend JSMs with asset owners to progress hot jobs and suppliers of specialist services e.g.directional drilling, to unlock fluidity.
- Urgent Safety Issues – make sure that you are available on the phone to support 2-hour and 4-hour defects as and when they are raised.
- Customer Relationship – develop a collaborative working relationship with all customer’s representatives locally through the delivery of outcomes that meet all customer requirements
Business Operations Skills – Experience:
- Experience of supervising civils, poling or cable gangs working in the highways network or having held a position of ‘site supervisor’ or similar in the construction or telecoms industry.
Business Operations Skills – Qualifications:
- NRSWA Unit 2 & 10
- IOSH Managing Safely
- Use of Solo, Qlikview, ConnecT etc.
Excellent employee benefits:
Telent is committed to ensuring that we offer industry leading career opportunities, salary and benefits packages. Join us and you can expect to receive:
- 33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
- A range of family friendly policies including childcare vouchers
- An employee-funded car leasing scheme
- Occupational health support
- Telent Rewards Scheme
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications.
Telent is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion.