This is an excellent opportunity for a Network and Application Monitoring Specialist with Solarwinds experience to join our NRTS Infrastructure Team, responsible for delivering the network applications for a critical national infrastructure transformation project.
Reporting to Infrastrucure Architect, you will be working within a customer facing project team to deliver and support network and application monitoring solutions for business transition, transformation and business as usual activities. You will be responsible for the end to end specification, design, configuration and deployment of the solutions. This will include all documentation, statements of work, process maps, handbooks, user guides, training and successful transfer into operations. You will ensure that the solutions includes the requirements of other in scope deliverable areas and that the solutions are fully integrated with the other deliverable areas. Additionally you will manage 3rd party suppliers including technical liaison, technical compliance, inter-dependencies between suppliers, testing, scoping of support contracts and transfer into operations.
Other responsibilities to include:
- Undertake application and database configuration
- Managing the unit, system and integration testing
- Providing support on applications, reports and interfaces
- Liaising with software vendors where necessary and apply or oversee relevant software updates and patches.
- Monitoring performance and efficiency of applications and instigate modifications and improvements where necessary
- Providing advice to end users on how to operate the applications
- Testing new applications and upgrades
- Developing technical specifications, system architecture documentation and other relevant documentation
Skill, experience and qualifications required:
- Application monitoring and alerting experience, with a strong preference for Solarwinds experience (WhatUp Gold, Netcool, PRTG or similar considered)
- Preferably experience of Solarwinds version 2019.2 Main Orion platform
- Server and application monitoring experience
- Network performance monitoring experience
- Database performance monitoring (Oracle SQL) experience
- Web performance monitoring experience
- Network Configuration Manager knowledge
- Storage resource monitoring experience
- Knowledge of configuring snmp and traps
- Knowledge of HP TeMIP
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team and on own initiative
- Eligibility for SC clearance
The NRTS project:
Highways England have awarded telent the contract for the operation and management of NRTS2 (National Roads Telecommunication Services), NRTS is the network of communication and control that Highways England uses to monitor and manage England’s motorways and major trunk roads, it is a critical component of national infrastructure supporting the country’s 4,400mile strategic road network.
The contract includes a major technology transformation programme in addition to general maintenance and management of the network; The transformation programme comprises of 11 technology projects, including the introduction of new wireless and IP CCTV services, new management systems and the next-generation upgrade of all technology, this will ultimately enable Highways England to prepare for the future and enable safer roads, more efficient delivery and a better road user experience.
Excellent Employee Benefits:
telent is committed to ensuring that we offer industry leading career opportunities, salary and benefits packages. Join us and you can expect to receive:
- 33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
- Company pension scheme
- A range of family friendly policies
- Occupational health support
- Discounts on Cinema, Restaurants and Shopping with telent Reward scheme
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications.
telent is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion.