This is an excellent opportunity for a Cyber Security Engineer / Network Engineer with configuration, administration and troubleshooting experience of Big-IP F5 appliances to join a critical national infrastructure project.
Reporting to the Cyber Security Architect, you will be responsible for the configuration, administration and troubleshooting of Big-IP F5 appliances and modules. These include; Application Security Manager, Access Policy Manager, Advanced Firewall Manager, Local Traffic Manager, Global Traffic Manager, DNS, WAF.
Responsibilities to include:
- Liaising with application subject matter experts and assisting with solution designs
- Requirement gathering and the creation of high-level (HLD) and low-level (LLD) design documentation
- Implementation and troubleshooting of solutions
- Liaising with end users and infrastructure teams to troubleshoot and rectify issues
- Participation in daily meetings to discuss aspects of the project and act as the F5 / security subject matter expert
- Border load balancing
- Operating within a highly regulated enterprise environment under change control and ITIL processes
- Testing and proving of failure scenarios
- Liaising with external suppliers and support organisations
Skill, experience and qualifications required:
- Significant experience with configuration, administration and troubleshooting of Big-IP F5 appliances / modules; Application Security Manager, Access Policy Manager, Advanced Firewall Manager, Local Traffic Manager, Global Traffic Manager, DNS, WAF
- Specialist knowledge in layer 4 to 7, in a highly available enterprise environment
- General Juniper or Cisco networking experience (preferably Juniper or Cisco certified)
- High-level (HLD) and low-level (LLD) design experience
- Familiar with change control and ITIL processes
- CISSP preferable
- Keen problem solver
- Strong documentation skills
- Good communicator
- Ability to work effectively in a team and on own initiative
- Eligibility for SC clearance
The NRTS project:
Highways England have awarded telent the contract for the operation and management of NRTS2 (National Roads Telecommunication Services), NRTS is the network of communication and control that Highways England uses to monitor and manage England’s motorways and major trunk roads, it is a critical component of national infrastructure supporting the country’s 4,400mile strategic road network.
The contract includes a major technology transformation programme in addition to general maintenance and management of the network; The transformation programme comprises of 11 technology projects, including the introduction of new wireless and IP CCTV services, new management systems and the next-generation upgrade of all technology, this will ultimately enable Highways England to prepare for the future and enable safer roads, more efficient delivery and a better road user experience.
Excellent Employee Benefits:
telent is committed to ensuring that we offer industry leading career opportunities, salary and benefits packages. Join us and you can expect to receive:
- 33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
- Company pension scheme
- A range of family friendly policies
- Occupational health support
- Discounts on Cinema, Restaurants and Shopping with telent Reward scheme
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications.
telent is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion.