Are you a skilled Field Technician looking to join a growing and experienced team? Are you looking for your next challenge within a friendly and fast paced environment? We’re looking to expand our maintenance function to keep London’s rail infrastructure as efficient as possible.
Who is telent?
telent is a technology partner to some of the biggest names in the rail sectors including Transport for London, Network Rail and many Train Operating Companies providing maintenance and management of our customers assets to ensure continued and reliable service is maintained for their critical communications infrastructure.
- You’ll be working with telent’s Asset Management function who oversees the maintenance of telecoms assets across the UK’s Rail Infrastructure.
- Working within the London area you’ll be heading out to sites ready to diagnose and remedy faults on equipment such as CCTV cameras, Public Address systems, Customer Information Screens and Public Help Points
- You’ll be able to build upon your existing telecoms knowledge with training and competence programmes provided by the telent technical training team.
What skills do you need to have?
- Knowledge of telecoms systems (CCTV, PA, CIS, etc.) is essential however does not need to be within the Rail industry.
- You’ll have previous experience with IP networks.
- You’ll have experience in cable testing and fault rectification.
- Ideally you’ll hold a PTS - Personal Track Safety/Sentinel card although training may be available for the right candidate if not.
Location and the benefits of working for telent:
- The role is based within the London area with the office located near Canning Town in East London
- A vehicle is included with the role.
- telent is not just about offering competitive reward packages, we are committed to personal and professional development, career and succession planning and striving to be the best we can be. We offer 33 days holidays (includes public holidays), company pension scheme, telent rewards (discounts to major retailers and cinema tickets) and a range of family friendly policies.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications.
telent is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion.