Telecoms Quantity Surveyor, Chorley - Permanent
Are you looking for your next challenge? We are currently seeking Quantity Surveyor. We would love to hear from you if you have experience of fibre cable activities on external telecom infrastructure contracts.
You’ll be working in a part of Telent that is dedicated to transforming the way support is delivered nationwide to Openreach and other network operators, including Gigaclear. We aim to be the UK’s leading network installation business, harnessing and enhancing the skills of our people to deliver high-quality cost-effective services.
You’ll receive formal training and on-the-job training where appropriate – to ensure you’re up-skilled as technology develops along with E-learning schemes to help or refresh skills on-line.
You’ll be treated as an individual. We’re not a vast corporation, which means every individual counts. With us, you’ll be valued and supported, involved and empowered from day one.
In these extraordinary times of the coronavirus outbreak Telent is continuing to Recruit. We provide services to customers which are integral to providing mission critical systems and infrastructure across the UK and Ireland and we need to continue to deliver those services.
To help limit the amount of face to face contact during the recruitment process, we will now do more online assessments and use Skype/Conf Calls for interviews wherever possible.
Reporting to the Commercial Manager you will have responsibility to manage all commercial aspects of the undertaking of broadband network builds across specific areas in the North West
Ideally to be based out of our northern region based offices (Chorley), working in close relation with the Project Team, you will be key to support the cradle to grave operations of delivering the network from design validation, production & agreement of BoQ's, subcontract procurement, site measures, weekly & monthly P&L's, budget analysis, raising & agreement of EWN's/compensation events & general commercial administration of the contract.
- Produce accurate weekly P&L's and support Commercial Manager & Finance Manager to produce period end financials.
- Work alongside Supply Chain to support engagement with subcontractors and ultimate agreement of profitable and contractually watertight orders.
- To effectively administer the commercial aspects of the contract in accordance with the parameters & exacting timeframes as set out in the contract particulars.
- Agreement of applications for payment & Final Accounts with client.
- Production of dashboard reports to reflect on the key commercial areas under the contract.
- Monthly WIP analysis & cash flow control.
- Monthly production of accurate cost & value forecasting.
- Mitigating through EWN’s against time & cost impact & maximising revenue through Compensation Events where appropriate.
- Oversee supplier accounts for the region being first point of contact to address application queries and to maintain an accurate running picture of applied/certified/retention/contras/WIP.
Business Operations Skills – Experience:
- Background in utilities/communications preferred but not essential.
- Working knowledge of NEC3 Option B contract would be advantageous.
- Working knowledge of CEMAR would be advantageous.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software in particular Excel.
Business Operations Skills – Qualifications:
- Ideally qualified to HNC/HND or equivalent level in appropriate discipline. Must also be able to demonstrate depth of knowledge & experience in relation to the responsibilities & key deliverables for the role.
- Excellent interpersonal skills & the ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
Excellent employee benefits:
Telent is committed to ensuring that we offer industry leading career opportunities, salary and benefits packages. Join us and you can expect to receive:
- 33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
- Company pension scheme
- A range of family friendly policies including childcare vouchers
- An employee-funded car leasing scheme
- Occupational health support
- Discounts on Cinema, Restaurants and Shopping with Telent Reward scheme
If you are looking for an new challenge and the opportunity to work for a forward-thinking key player within the telecommunications sector then don’t delay, apply today.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications.
Telent is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion.