- Drive a culture based on nuclear safety and quality throughout the project, acting as a role model for the internal team and external interfaces.
- Use AutoCAD and Visio to produce detailed product and layout drawings and schematics.
- Ensure that all designs conform to customer requirements and industry standards.
- Ensure Nuclear Power Station building environmental characteristics are considered throughout designs.
- Find efficiencies in the production of documentation and drawings while maintaining quality and clarity.
- Produce “Cradle to Grave” installation designs considering equipment protection, warehouse storage, dormancy post installation, maintenance and de-installation.
- Understand and use Safety by Design principles throughout Installation Designs.
- Produce Installation Designs for core IP network equipment, transmission equipment, Radio (RF, Distributed Antenna Systems), Digital TV, Public Address and Voice Alert systems, Wi-Fi network, Terminal Equipment (desk telephones, wireless APs, CCTV cameras, sound and light Beacons)
- Produce Bills of Materials (BoMs) based on Installation Designs.
- Produce detailed 2D layout drawings showing Plant locations within buildings
- Prepare and maintain detailed design drawings/schematics using AutoCAD and Microsoft Visio
- Work closely with Technical Design Engineers to resolve design details or discrepancies
- Prepare drawings of unusual, complex or original designs with a high degree of precision using AutoCAD software and Microsoft Visio.
- Create, modify and control detailed 2D and 3D parts and assembly drawings using Technical Design Plans or written or verbal instructions
- Develop and maintain drafting standards and procedures
- Evaluate and recommend suitable computer hardware and software
- Produce product specific installation guides
Business Operations Skills – Experience
- Demonstrable success in producing detailed designs
- Strong team building skills
- Technical knowledge of a wide range of telecommunications products and solutions
- Telecommunications industry experience
- Experienced in the production of complex design solutions
- Experience of producing 2D and 3D models using AutoCAD software
- A proven understanding of the below:
- Telecommunications cabling, cable management and cable infrastructure
- Installation of telecommunications equipment
- The use of Excel, Word and Visio.
- A basic understanding of network design
Business Operations Skills – Qualifications
- Degree or HND/HNC in and engineering related subject or experience working in an Installation Design environment
- AutoCAD experience – certification desirable but not required
- Demonstrating that safety and nuclear safety, is the first consideration. Applying the Zero Harm principle
- Being prepared to “call out” when something is “not right” in a constructive and positive way.
- A desire to build robust working relationships beyond company boundaries.
- Honesty, to admit or point out when things are not going well
- Constantly seeking ways to raise performance and encouraging others to do so.
- Self-awareness and humility. Being aware of one’s own limitations and welcoming the help and support of others.
- Understanding the skills of the team members and valuing the contribution that each makes.
- Respecting the views and opinions of others, especially when you disagree with them.
- Always trying to be clear when communicating with others, taking the time to explain and to confirm the other person’s understanding.
- Recognising the power of working collaboratively.
- Resilience when faced with problems, seeking solutions and remaining positive.
Excellent Employee Benefits:
Telent is committed to ensuring that we offer industry leading career opportunities, salary and benefits packages. Join us and you can expect to receive:
- 33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
- Company pension scheme
- A range of family friendly policies including childcare vouchers
- An employee-funded car leasing scheme
- Occupational health support
- Telent Rewards Scheme
So why choose Telent for your next opportunity?
- To build, run and maintain a successful network, you need a connected approach – a team you can trust from strategy to support, and everything in between. At Telent, this is what we do!
- As part of our team, you could be working with some of the biggest names in the Traffic, Rail, Public Safety, Defence and Service Provider sectors including London Underground, Network Rail, Transport for London, RNLI, MOD and Virgin Media. You’ll help us ensure the most important messages get through – however tough the conditions.
- Here are just some of the ways we’re different:
- You’ll go further with us. We understand the importance of career development and will give you all the support you need to realise your potential. You’ll receive formal training, e-learning and mentoring from top professionals. And we offer opportunities to transfer to other sectors – or even different technology areas.
- You’ll make a difference. You could be working outdoors, battling the elements, or in one of our many offices helping us develop the network infrastructures of tomorrow.
- You’ll be treated as an individual. We’re not a vast corporation, which means every individual counts. With us, you’ll be valued and supported, involved and empowered from day one.
- You’ll be well rewarded. We offer salary progression that reflects market rates and personal performance, a flexible working environment and excellent training.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications.
Telent is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion.