Telecoms Build Agent, Devon - 3 Month Contract
An opportunity has arisen for a Build Agent. We would love to hear from you if you have good knowledge of Civils and Cabling activities, within a Telecommunications Network.
You’ll be working in a part of Telent that is dedicated to transforming the way support is delivered nationwide to Openreach and other external network operators. We aim to be the UK’s leading network installation business, harnessing and enhancing the skills of our people to deliver high-quality cost-effective services.
You’ll receive formal training. – and on-the-job training where appropriate – to ensure you’re up-skilled as technology develops along with E-learning schemes to help or refresh skills on-line
You’ll be treated as an individual. We’re not a vast corporation, which means every individual counts. With us, you’ll be valued and supported, involved and empowered from day one.
The purpose of this role is to ensure that work is completed safely, on time and to budget and to the required quality. The job holder will be responsible for ensuring that labour is effectively managed and utilised and to manage the co-ordination of sub-contractor operations
The Build Agent will liaise with Suppliers Supervisors and Operatives, as well as liaising with the Customer and Highway Authority Representatives, as necessary
- Liaise with the Supervisor, Planner and Sector or Operations Manager to establish programme of works (weekly rolling) and method of working
- To control the works of the labour teams and to issue works to gangs in a structured and organised manner
- Inspect, prepare and maintain site for the execution of work.
- Organise the mobilisation / demobilisation of labour, plant, materials and equipment for the execution of the works in accordance with the agreed programme.
- Monitor and control quality of works and motivate resources to ensure finished work is in accordance with the drawings, specifications and Employer’s requirements.
- Implement, maintain and monitor systems for managing site safety, welfare and environmental issues (including giving toolbox talks and briefings).
- People Management - Safety Briefings, Performance Reviews, Development, Discipline/Grievance and other People Policies.
Excellent employee benefits:
Telent is committed to ensuring that we offer industry leading career opportunities, salary and benefits packages. Join us and you can expect to receive:
- 33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
- Company pension scheme
- Occupational health support
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications.
Telent is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion.