Telecoms Operations Delivery Manager, Blackpool - Permanent
Are you ready to support the delivery of a fibre first Britain? Have you been impacted by Covid and looking for a new exciting challenge? We are currently seeking to recruit an Operations Delivery Manager to support the deployment of full fibre networks across the North West. We would love to hear from you if you have previous experience within a similar role.
You’ll be working in a part of Telent that is dedicated to transforming and delivering a future proof fibre first Britain. We aim to be the UK’s leading network installation business, harnessing and enhancing the skills of our people to deliver high-quality cost-effective services.
You’ll be working in a part of Telent that is dedicated to transforming the way support is delivered nationwide to Openreach and other external network operators. We aim to be the UK’s leading network installation business, harnessing and enhancing the skills of our people to deliver high-quality cost-effective services.
You’ll receive formal training. – and on-the-job training where appropriate – to ensure you’re up-skilled as technology develops along with E-learning schemes to help or refresh skills on-line
You’ll be treated as an individual. We’re not a vast corporation, which means every individual counts. With us, you’ll be valued and supported, involved and empowered from day one.
Reporting to the Head of Direct Labour, you will be responsible and accountable for the Operational and Financial delivery of the Direct Labour Operation working within a City depot on the City Fibre Network.
You and your depot team will be employed to install, connect and test optical fibre cable in the provision of PON (Passive Optical Networks) and spine routes on the City Fibre network
- Safety – ensure that safe working practices are adopted as the top priority for all activities undertaken and that they are supported by all relevant documentation correctly completed.
- Customer Relationships – through regular communication and positive delivery outcomes establish an effective working relationship with the customer such that Telent is seen as the preferred supplier in your area.
- Inspection Regime – manage a programme of inspections carried out by your team and in line with business requirements that demonstrates Telent’s commitment to providing a safe, standards compliant and high quality service.
- Supply Chain – build and maintain a safe, stable and competent supplier base locally through regular formal performance management sessions supported by clear action plans.
- Finance – provide support in the resolution of any queries at invoicing, consistently manage supplier’s WIP jobs to the minimum possible value and work with Commercial and Supply Chain Management colleagues in the preparation of items for approval by the RFA Board.
- Line Management – set clear business aligned objectives and hold regular 1:1 reviews with all your staff.
Business Operations Skills – Experience:
- Leadership – be a role model for your team and the visible leader of your area operation to the customer.
- Results Focussed – be able to achieve results through managing your team to clear targets.
Business Operations Skills – Qualifications:
- IOSH Managing Safely
- NRSWA Unit 2
Excellent employee benefits:
Telent is committed to ensuring that we offer industry leading career opportunities, salary and benefits packages. Join us and you can expect to receive:
- 33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
- Company pension scheme
- Occupational health support
- Discounts on Cinema, Restaurants and Shopping with Telent Reward scheme
If you are looking for an new challenge and the opportunity to work for a forward-thinking key player within the telecommunications sector then don’t delay, apply today.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications.
Telent is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion.