Telecoms Supervisor, Chester - Permanent
Are you ready to support the delivery of a fibre first Britain? Have you been impacted by Covid and looking for a new career or just looking for a new exciting challenge? We are currently seeking to recruit a Telecoms Supervisor to support the deployment of full fibre networks across the North West. We would love to hear from you if proven experience supervising flex and civils gangs.
You’ll be working in a part of Telent that is dedicated to transforming and delivering a future proof fibre first Britain. We aim to be the UK’s leading network installation business, harnessing and enhancing the skills of our people to deliver high-quality cost-effective
Are you looking for your next challenge? Do you have proven experience supervising cable and civils gang working on or off the highways network. If so, we would love to hear from you.
You’ll receive formal training. – and on-the-job training where appropriate – to ensure you’re up-skilled as technology develops along with E-learning schemes to help or refresh skills on-line
You’ll be treated as an individual. We’re not a vast corporation, which means every individual counts. With us, you’ll be valued and supported, involved and empowered from day one.
Reporting to the Direct Labour Depot Manager you will be employed to supervise the Civils and Flex Operatives in the performance of their daily tasks. Ensuring that they are following the programme of works, you will be responsible for driving productivity and compliance across all areas at all times.
- Coordinate and record multiple site meeting with varying authorities.
- Carry out daily toolbox audits and safety audits.
- Investigate jobs and assign responsible operatives for commercial reporting.
- Ensure all permit and noticing conditions are being met on site. (NRSWA).
- Keep accurate daily records of works planned and issues encountered, Updating SOLO Notes via Handheld device.
- Report daily to the line manager of outputs, problems, issues.
- Ensure all Job Pack Supporting Documents including ‘Box to Box’ Diagrams and Openreach A537 forms are completed accurately and to specification.
- Ensure that all Traffic Management / TTRO requirements are met and recorded.
- Good knowledge of Health & Safety.
- Good communication, people management and leadership skills.
- A001 & SA002.
- BTOR PIA’ Awareness & Understanding.
- City Fibre Network Understanding & Awareness.
Excellent employee benefits:
Telent is committed to ensuring that we offer industry leading career opportunities, salary and benefits packages. Join us and you can expect to receive:
- 33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
- Company pension scheme
- Occupational health support
- Discounts on Cinema, Restaurants and Shopping with Telent Reward scheme
If you are looking for a new challenge and the opportunity to work for a forward-thinking key player within the telecommunications sector then don’t delay, apply today.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications.
Telent is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion.