Fibre Splicer, Chester - Permanent
Are you ready to support the delivery of a fibre first Britain? Have you been impacted by Covid and looking for a new career or just looking for a new exciting challenge? We are currently seeking to recruit a Splicer to support the deployment of full fibre networks across the North West. We would love to hear from you if you have experience of installation work in a telecoms environment.
You’ll be working in a part of telent that is dedicated to transforming and delivering a future proof fibre first Britain. We aim to be the UK’s leading network installation business, harnessing and enhancing the skills of our people to deliver high-quality cost-effective
You’ll receive formal training and on-the-job training where appropriate through our training school or external providers – to ensure you’re up-skilled as technology develops along with E-learning schemes to help or refresh skills on-line.
You’ll be treated as an individual. We’re not a vast corporation, which means every individual counts. With us, you’ll be valued and supported, involved and empowered from day one.
Reporting to and tasked by the Supervisor you will be employed to install, connect and test optical fibre cable in the provision of PONs and spine routes on the City Fibre external network.
- Complete intrusive surveys (‘rodding and roping’) on the underground and overhead network to locate blockages and establish clear cable routes.
- Assess CBT locations to minimise overhead road crossings.
- Produce Telecom Network diagrams referencing Work in Progress
- Install sub-duct and blow fibre cable on spine routes.
- Pull 6 core fibre cable on PON routes.
- Introduce fibre to nodes and CBTs.
- Build and create nodes (fibre cable joints).
- Splice and test external fibre cable.
- Testing and fault location using red light and OTDR – interpret OTDR results.
Safety Conscious – is pro-active in matters of safety and is committed to keeping pace with standards and legislation. Drives a safety-first culture with own team, suppliers and customers.
Quality Focussed – knows the importance of a right first-time culture, is a clear and proactive communicator promoting best practice across the business.
Business Operations Skills – Qualifications:
- NRSWA Unit 2.
- MEWP Operation.
- Driving licence that entitles driver to tow cable trailers.
- City Fibre Network Appreciation Overview.
- A002 Trained & Accredited.
- N23 / N27 / N28 Trained & Accredited.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications.
telent is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion.