Drive a culture based on nuclear safety and quality throughout the supply chain and within the team.
Responsible for undertaking all technical aspects of the preparation and delivery of design packages and implementation of system designs for HPC project.
Undertake the design, improvement and expansion of the fully resilient and scalable services within the framework of the HPC project.
A design engineer for radio system design, build, test and delivery for customer projects across the Network Services business. You will act as a Systems Engineer for Radio systems, lead all technical activities for projects and HPC building Designs. You will have significant experience of delivering Microwave IP systems, radio planning, and SNMP management systems. Experience of working with suppliers and OfCom will be essential for this role.
- Planning radio systems, including DAS, LTE Comm’s, DMR, (Satellite Radio would be useful), Paging systems.
- Utilisation of IBWave and Azure Software.
- Overseeing the design of customer Radio systems.
- Ensure that designs meet the customers’ requirements in accordance with appropriate regulations.
- Supporting and coaching of assigned design engineers at a technical level and provide professional engineering support to enable telent to deliver high quality solutions to our Clients.
- Verify Requirements
- Producing the design strategy for the each of the workstreams.
- Ensure a consistent approach to design that are compatible with other designs produced by telent and 3rd parties.
- Managing the deliverables on complex customer design and implementation projects.
- Acting as a technical lead to investigate and resolve technical problems and acting as an internal technical escalation point.
- Be able to mentor/coach internal resources and support documentation for Operations.
- Develop High level system designs from customer requirements
- Develop Low level system designs for the Technical Specialists to implement within projects related to their area of expertise.
- Assisting in the design of Proof of Concept scenarios, Type Approval activities.
- Attending Client and interface meetings as required
Business Operations Skills - Experience
- Excellent collaboration, communication, documenting and presentation skills.
- Working within multi-disciplinary design teams
- Proven design experience in the required discipline
- Proven design experience in a variety of Radio technologies
- Radio and Microwave Planning
- Use of ICS Telecom
- Experience of working on a large, multisite project
Business Operations Skills – Qualifications
- Degree or HNC/HND in an Engineering related subject or equivalent
- Recognised technical qualification in at least one of the technical disciplines being managed
- The role requires Security Clearance
- Along with telent employee behaviours, these additional behaviours are required for HPC:
- Demonstrating that safety and nuclear safety, is the first consideration. Applying the Zero Harm principle
- Being prepared to “call out” when something is “not right” in a constructive and positive way.
- A desire to build robust working relationships beyond company boundaries.
- Honesty, to admit or point out when things are not going well
- Constantly seeking ways to raise performance and encouraging others to do so.
- Self-awareness and humility. Being aware of one’s own limitations and welcoming the help and support of others.
- Understanding the skills of the team members and valuing the contribution that each makes.
- Respecting the views and opinions of others, especially when they disagree with them.
- Always trying to be clear when communicating with others, taking the time to explain and to confirm the other person’s understanding.
- Recognising the power of working collaboratively.
- Resilience when faced with problems, seeking solutions and remaining positive.
Excellent Employee Benefits:
telent is committed to ensuring that we offer industry leading career opportunities, salary and benefits packages. Join us and you can expect to receive:
- 33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
- Company pension scheme
- A range of family friendly policies including childcare vouchers
- An employee-funded car leasing scheme
- Occupational health support
- telent Rewards Scheme
So why choose telent for your next opportunity?
- To build, run and maintain a successful network, you need a connected approach – a team you can trust from strategy to support, and everything in between. At telent, this is what we do!
- As part of our team, you could be working with some of the biggest names in the Traffic, Rail, Public Safety, Defence and Service Provider sectors including London Underground, Network Rail, Transport for London, RNLI, MOD and Virgin Media. You’ll help us ensure the most important messages get through – however tough the conditions.
- Here are just some of the ways we’re different:
- You’ll go further with us. We understand the importance of career development and will give you all the support you need to realise your potential. You’ll receive formal training, e-learning and mentoring from top professionals. And we offer opportunities to transfer to other sectors – or even different technology areas.
- You’ll make a difference. You could be working outdoors, battling the elements, or in one of our many offices helping us develop the network infrastructures of tomorrow.
- You’ll be treated as an individual. We’re not a vast corporation, which means every individual counts. With us, you’ll be valued and supported, involved and empowered from day one.
- You’ll be well rewarded. We offer salary progression that reflects market rates and personal performance, a flexible working environment and excellent training.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications.
telent is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion.