Are you looking for your next challenge? We are currently recruiting for a Senior Commissioning and Test Engineer to join our team. We would love to hear from you if you have experience in conducting Traffic Signal Controller configuration testing, this is an excellent opportunity for that next step in your career!
Who is Telent?
Telent is a technology partner to some of the biggest names in the rail and highways sectors – Telent help to keep the UK moving - On the UK's roads Transport for London, Highways England and many local authorities use our services for monitoring and controlling road usage, providing up-to-date traffic information and above all keeping road users safe.
The position will be responsible for the delivery of a quality Commissioning Traffic Signal and Testing Service for predominantly the TCMS2 contract, the role will include the management of a team of Commissioning Engineers both permanent and Sub-contractors.
It is anticipated that there will be an even split between carrying out the commission and test activities and managing the team, processes and quality using a data led approach to continually improve the customer commissioning experience.
- Ensure project delivery meets telent’s legal Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental standards.
- Ensure all of the teams test & commissioning equipment is made available, fit for purpose, calibrated, inspected or serviced.
- Ensure briefings are cascaded within the team, i.e Tool Box Talks, Safety Bulletins on a regular basis and encourage the reporting of health and safety issues.
- Contribute to development and delivery of customer services strategies with the team being the face of telent at commissioning events with the customer, enhancing telent's reputation for service excellence and quality.
- Deliver Customer KPI’s for commissioning quality to ensure projects are delivered to time, cost and quality, achieving milestones and objectives.
- Complete annual appraisals of staff and ensure an up to date Authority to Work is in place and identify any training needs.
- Manage the Sector 8 portfolios for the team including carrying out QS activities
- Undertake periodic site inspections to understand nature of works and quality of installation and safety arrangements.
- Competent to Requirements of BS7671 17th Edition Regulations
- Competent to the Requirements of HERS8
- G39 Certificated
Excellent employee benefits:
Telent is committed to ensuring that we offer industry leading career opportunities, salary and benefits packages.
You’ll be treated as an individual. We’re not a vast corporation, which means every individual counts. With us, you’ll be valued and supported, involved and empowered from day one – be quick and apply now!
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications.
Telent is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion