Telecoms Business Systems Analyst, Flexible Location - Permanent
Are you looking for your next challenge? We are currently seeking Business Systems Analyst. We would love to hear from you if you have experience of fibre cable activities on external telecom infrastructure contracts.
You’ll be working in a part of Telent that is dedicated to transforming the way support is delivered nationwide to Openreach and other network operators, including Gigaclear. We aim to be the UK’s leading network installation business, harnessing and enhancing the skills of our people to deliver high-quality cost-effective services.
You’ll receive formal training and on-the-job training where appropriate – to ensure you’re up-skilled as technology develops along with E-learning schemes to help or refresh skills on-line.
You’ll be treated as an individual. We’re not a vast corporation, which means every individual counts. With us, you’ll be valued and supported, involved and empowered from day one.
In these extraordinary times of the coronavirus outbreak Telent is continuing to Recruit. We provide services to customers which are integral to providing mission critical systems and infrastructure across the UK and Ireland and we need to continue to deliver those services.
To help limit the amount of face to face contact during the recruitment process, we will now do more online assessments and use Skype/Conf Calls for interviews wherever possible.
- To provide support and administration on the SOLO system and its ancillary systems.
- Translate business requirements into working solutions on our core software platform(s).
- To assist in major IT projects, and to manage the projects where required.
- Play a leading subject matter expert role as part of our project teams, comprising of internal and external third party resources, using your expertise for example to:
- Support developers with design, coding and configuration of the platform
- Support the test team to create test plans and support them during the testing of projects.
- Proactively build relationships and engage directly with a range of stakeholders including Developers, End Users, Business Owners and Senior Managers.
- Monitor system performance and carry out capacity planning exercises to ensure the reliable operation of company systems.
Business Operations Skills – Experience:
- Well-experienced as a Business Systems Analyst.
- Self-motivated, focused, and possess good time management.
- Ability to influence others.
- Experience with SOLO preferable but not essential.
- Experience of working in telecommunications preferable.
- Database, Mobile, API, Web development and reporting knowledge.
- Understanding of SQL, IIS .Net, Web Services (SOAP, REST), JSON, WSDL, XML plus IT system architectures recommended.
Excellent employee benefits:
Telent is committed to ensuring that we offer industry leading career opportunities, salary and benefits packages. Join us and you can expect to receive:
- 33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
- Company pension scheme
- A range of family friendly policies including childcare vouchers
- An employee-funded car leasing scheme
- Occupational health support
- Discounts on Cinema, Restaurants and Shopping with Telent Reward scheme
If you are looking for a new challenge and the opportunity to work for a forward-thinking key player within the telecommunications sector then don’t delay, apply today.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications.
Telent is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion.