Role: EHS Advisor / Site Inspector - Rail
Location: Pirin Court, London
In these extraordinary times of the coronavirus outbreak Telent is continuing to recruit. We provide services to customers which are integral to providing mission critical systems and infrastructure across the UK and Ireland and we need to continue to deliver those services.
To help limit the amount of face to face contact during the recruitment process, we will now do more online assessments and use Skype/Conf Calls for interviews wherever possible.
With current annual revenues in excess of £400M and 2,400 employees. We operate within various industry sectors including Rail, Traffic, Public Safety, Defence, Service Providers, Enterprise and Public Sector.
- Provide competent Quality, Environmental, Health and Safety (QEHS) support for the telent Asset Management, London Rail Projects, operations;
- Ensure implementation of the QEHS Management System relevant to the telent Asset Management, London Rail Projects, operations;
- Carry out site based active monitoring activities of inspection and audit
- Produce HS&E reports
- Raising and supporting others in raising issues identified, via the telSAFE system, shift reports and incident reporting forms
- Promote a positive QEHS culture;
- Support to the Head of QEHS and Safety Manager
- This role will involve primariy working on night shift (5 nights a week), but will also involve some work outside of those hours.
- Ensuring that all EHS legislation, customer and stakeholder QEHS requirements (including Contractors and suppliers) and industry best practice is recognised and that all relevant policies and safe working procedures and practices are adopted;
- Helping to plan, implement, monitor and review the protective and preventative measures that are identified by the hazard analysis and risk assessment process;
- Ensuring that working practices are safe and comply with legislations;
- Outlining safe operating procedures, which identify and take account of all relevant hazards, and conducting suitable and sufficient risk assessments, ensuring control measures are effective;
- Reviewing Quality Management Plans, Construction Phase Plans, Environmental Management Plans, Aspects and Impacts Registers, Method Statements and Risk Assessments, Task Briefing Sheets;
- Advising Contractor Teams or intenral teams on Safe Systems of Work and industry best practice, to ensure a positive QEHS culture;
- Complete site inspections and audits in line with a published schedule to check policies and procedures are being properly implemented and records of inspection findings are maintained;
- Producing both internal and external QEHS KPI reports to demonstrate continuous improvements;
- Attend internal and external QEHS Meetings and deliver QEHS presentations;
- Investigation of Incidents, Accidents and Near Misses advising of changes and improvements in work practices that are identified;
- Provide QEHS advice to the telent Asset Management, London Rail Projects, team;;
- Liaising with other QEHS Professionals within the business and industry;
- Assist the Head of QEHS and H&S Manager as required.
We’d be delighted to hear from you if you have the following skills/experience:
- Experience of working in the London Underground environment, and familiarity with LU systems and processes
- Level 3 Health and Safety qualification, e.g. NEBOSH Construction Certificate or equivalent is essential;
- A recognized internal audit qualifications is desired but not essential;
- Very good communications skills both written and spoken
- Recognized Client access training to enable site attendance (e.g. Industry Common Induction, ECS etc) is desired but not essential.
- Strong working knowledge of EHS legislation;
- Good knowledge of BS EN ISO 9001:2015, BS EN ISO 14001:2015 and BS OHSAS 18001:2007;
- Good understanding of Behavioural Safety techniques;
- Strong and proven ability to work under pressure;
- Practical use of Microsoft Office applications and IT based Document Management Systems especially Teams / Sharepoint, Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Full Driving licence
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications.
Telent is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion.