Are you looking for your next challenge? We are currently recruiting for a Quantity Surveyor to join our NRTS team. We would love to hear from you if you have a good understanding of financial and commercial processes and also understand the nature of project delivery of telecoms capital works.
Who is Telent?
Telent is a technology partner to some of the biggest names in the rail and highways sectors – Telent help to keep the UK moving - we have been delivering intelligent transport solutions and network maintenance for over 30 years.
The successful candidate will be an integral member of our NRTS team - telent was award a contract from Highways UK for the operation and management of NRTS (National Roads Telecommunication Services), a critical component of national infrastructure supporting the country’s 4,400-mile strategic road network.
The Quantity Surveyor will capture and manage all of the costs associated with the works completed by the Service Operations team within the NRTS2 Contact. This includes subcontractor management, labour and materials.
- Monitors costs incurred on the project and identify variations; and captures any cost changes
- Management of multiple Subcontractors, ensuring all works are completed in line with contractual requirements and contractual rates
- Completion of quarterly costs forecasts for all costs related to Service Operations, and ensure all costs are monitored in line with these forecasts
- Review and agree Subcontractor monthly applications for payment and ensure timely certification and payment
- In liaison with the project managers prepare/present the monthly contract review to senior management team
- Support the management, controls and implementation of the Change Management process
- Risk management and mitigation
- Ensure consistency in standards and processes
- Provides information to enable the compilation of monthly performance and progress report for all works in the area of responsibility
- Identify initiatives within the organisation to continually improve the operations performance, the quality of delivery, and our focus on the health and safety practices in the environment we work in.
- RICS Qualification or similar / Or relevant experience
- PC literate in Microsoft Office including Word & Excel, while familiar with the use of e-mail
- Full Driving licence
- Very Good Commercial and financial awareness with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work alone, but also as part of the wider Quantity Surveyor team.
Excellent employee benefits:
Telent is committed to ensuring that we offer industry leading career opportunities, salary and benefits packages.
You’ll be treated as an individual. We’re not a vast corporation, which means every individual counts. With us, you’ll be valued and supported, involved and empowered from day one – be quick and apply now!
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications.
Telent is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion