Telecoms Health and Safety Advisor, London - Permanent
Are you looking for your next challenge? Do you have proven experience within Health & Safety, in particular working within the telecommunications or utilities sectors. Are you keen to further develop your career? If so, we would love to hear from you.
You’ll be working in a part of Telent that is dedicated to transforming the way support is delivered nationwide to Openreach and other external network providers. We aim to be the UK’s leading network installation business, harnessing and enhancing the skills of our people to deliver high quality cost effective services.
You’ll receive formal training. – and on-the-job training where appropriate – to ensure you’re up-skilled as technology develops along with E-learning schemes to help or refresh skills on-line
You’ll be treated as an individual. We’re not a vast corporation, which means every individual counts. With us, you’ll be valued and supported, involved and empowered from day one.
You’ll have opportunities to transfer into other sectors, and even different technology areas
Reporting into the National EHS Manager you will be responsible for supporting and delivering a proactive Health and Safety Culture within our Infrastructure Services Business (tIS).
- Monitoring and reporting on Health & Safety performance for projects within the region/nationally as required
- Delivering against the Health, Safety and Quality Plans in support of the QEHS Managers
- Facilitate and support the improvement of Contractor performance in Health, Safety and Quality
- Deliver against any Quality Plan Improvements in conjunction with the Quality Manager and or Client
- Support the improvement of contractor’s performance for Quality by delivering Coaching and TBT (Tool box Talks)
- Assisting in the investigation and reporting of accidents, incidents and non-conformances and making recommendations for corrective action
- NEBOSH General or Higher or working towards
- NRSWA Supervisor
- Experience in auditing and coaching teams to improve H&S Culture
- IT skills to manage data and log daily progress.
- Full clean UK driving license
Excellent employee benefits:
Telent is committed to ensuring that we offer industry leading career opportunities, salary and benefits packages. Join us and you can expect to receive:
- 33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
- Company pension scheme
- Occupational health support
- Discounts on Cinema, Restaurants and Shopping with Telent Reward scheme
If you are looking for a new challenge and the opportunity to work for a forward-thinking key player within the telecommunications sector then don’t delay, apply today.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications.
Telent is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion.