Are you looking for your next challenge? We are currently recruiting for a Logistics Controller to join our Traffic team in Salisbury. We would love to hear from you if you come from a Logistics/Warehouse background. This role is a mixture of office based and warehouse work.
Who is Telent?
Telent is a technology partner to some of the biggest names in the rail and highways sectors – Telent help to keep the UK moving - we have been delivering intelligent transport solutions and network maintenance for over 30 years.
On the UK's roads Transport for London, Highways England and many local authorities use our services for monitoring and controlling road usage, providing up-to-date traffic information and above all keeping road users safe.
Reporting to the Contracts Manager you will be responsible for ordering and booking equipment (Traffic Signal) to jobs, running reports, Invoicing, and general housekeeping of the Warehouse.
Typical Deliverables include but are not limited to the following;
- Booking equipment in and out, keeping the database up to date of stock in store
- Daily Housekeeping of the Stores/Warehouse
- Goods in – check delivery notes. Receipts of items, put away on shelves
- Goods out – ensure transaction is places into system – system always to be updated.
- Stocks control - Placing orders on systems for all stock. Have knowledge of all stock within warehouse
- Working closely with Contract manager to ensure works are planned and stock is available
- Provide administrative support to team members as required
- Oracle System – you will be trained on our system for all finance matters (invoicing, purchase orders etc)
- Speaking to Procurement and chasing dates for equipment/advising of discrepancies and damages
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a stores/ stock controller role
- Knowledge of Oracle Systems would be an advantage
- Strong overall I.T skills.
- Knowledge of traffic signal equipment (advantageous)
- Forklift licence (desirable) alternatively, willing to go on a Forklift course
- Able to work alone and as a team
Excellent employee benefits:
Telent is committed to ensuring that we offer industry leading career opportunities, salary and benefits packages.
You’ll be treated as an individual. We’re not a vast corporation, which means every individual counts. With us, you’ll be valued and supported, involved and empowered from day one – be quick and apply now!
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications.
Telent is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion