Telecoms Field Agent, Preston - Permanent
Are you ready to support the delivery of a fibre first Britain? Have you been impacted by Covid and looking for a new career or just looking for a new exciting challenge? We are currently seeking to recruit a Field Agent to support the deployment of full fibre networks across the North West. We would love to hear from you whether you have fibre / telecoms experience or not as full extensive training will be provided.
You’ll be working in a part of Telent that is dedicated to transforming and delivering a future proof fibre first Britain. We aim to be the UK’s leading network installation business, harnessing and enhancing the skills of our people to deliver high-quality cost-effective services.
You’ll receive formal training and on-the-job training dependent on experience – to ensure you’re up-skilled as technology develops along with E-learning schemes to help or refresh skills on-line.
You’ll be treated as an individual. We’re not a vast corporation, which means every individual counts. With us, you’ll be valued and supported, involved and empowered from day one.
Reporting to and directed by the Operations Compliance Manager you will support field delivery teams employed by Telent and its Partners locally to ensure all safety, compliance and quality standards are met through a defined audit and inspection regime set out by the TIS (Telent Infrastructure Services) business.
- Safety – ensure that safe working practices are adopted as the top priority for all activities undertaken and that they are supported by all relevant documentation correctly completed;
- HA Relationships – work with Delivery Depots and Highways Authorities locally to develop an effective working relationship through ensuring consistent high levels of streetworks compliance and reinstatement quality;
- Delivery Depots Competence – undertake assessments of Delivery Depots’s operatives against various TAD modules as required;
- Field Manager – monitor team whereabouts and effectively manage your site visits using the Field Manager system;
- Quality – drive your Delivery Depots to adopt a right first-time culture and clear any Section 72 and product defects in line with agreed SLAs and contractual requirements.
- Safety Conscious – is pro-active in matters of safety and is committed to keeping pace with standards and legislation. Drives a safety-first culture with own team, suppliers and customers.
- Quality Focussed – knows the importance of a right first-time culture, is a clear and proactive communicator promoting best practice across the business.
Business Operations Skills – Qualifications:
- NRSWA Unit 2 & 10;
- Full Driving licence.
Excellent employee benefits:
Telent is committed to ensuring that we offer industry leading career opportunities, salary and benefits packages. Join us and you can expect to receive:
- 33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
- Company pension scheme
- A range of family friendly policies including childcare vouchers
- An employee-funded car leasing scheme
- Occupational health support
- Discounts on Cinema, Restaurants and Shopping with Telent Reward scheme
If you are looking for a new challenge and the opportunity to work for a forward-thinking key player within the telecommunications sector then don’t delay, apply today.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications.
Telent is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion.