Telecoms Programme Support Manager – Basildon - Permanent
Are you looking for your next challenge? We are currently seeking Programme Support Manager. We would love to hear from you if you have experience of fibre cable activities on external telecom infrastructure contracts.
You’ll be working in a part of Telent that is dedicated to transforming the way support is delivered nationwide to Openreach and other network operators, including Gigaclear. We aim to be the UK’s leading network installation business, harnessing and enhancing the skills of our people to deliver high-quality cost-effective services.
You’ll receive formal training and on-the-job training where appropriate – to ensure you’re up-skilled as technology develops along with E-learning schemes to help or refresh skills on-line.
You’ll be treated as an individual. We’re not a vast corporation, which means every individual counts. With us, you’ll be valued and supported, involved and empowered from day one.
In these extraordinary times of the coronavirus outbreak Telent is continuing to Recruit. We provide services to customers which are integral to providing mission critical systems and infrastructure across the UK and Ireland and we need to continue to deliver those services.
To help limit the amount of face to face contact during the recruitment process, we will now do more online assessments and use Skype/Conf Calls for interviews wherever possible.
- Reporting to and acting on behalf of the Programme Manager (Stakeholder) the Programme Support Manager is responsible for:
- Establishes short and long-term programme objectives and ensures team members meet them.
- Creates a programme of works, analysing interdependencies to ensure that the ECD is planned correctly and supports customer outcomes
- Analyses the programme's strengths and areas where improvement is required.
- Assigns tasks to team members to ensure programme objectives are completed as required.
- Communicates expectations to team members including fluidity management and any delivery depot issues.
- Resolves problems with programmes as they arise.
- Monitors programme progress and reports in regular meetings with senior managers and clients.
- Proven track record for planning, executing, and controlling programmes and the ability to manage multiple programmes simultaneously with minimal supervision and to deadline
- Experience of managing the complete lifecycle of a programme with teams of 2 to 10 people
- Strong skills in creating and maintaining programme plans, including risks, actions, issues, and dependencies and attention to detail
- Highly efficient in resource planning and tasks assignment including superior organisation skills and analysis of information
- Strong and demonstrated ability to build lasting relationships with key stakeholders
- Works as part of a team with knowledge of specialist IT systems and previous programme management experience
Business Operations Skills – Experience:
- People Management Required
- Have experience of managing multiple functions
- Able to build and maintain key relationships
- Management of key business projects
- Management of HR related issues
- Makes decision in a timely manner and has the courage and conviction to take tough, proactive decisions
- Demonstrates active support for change initiatives by adjusting behaviour and positively communicating the benefits to the team.
- Manages expectations with the ability to listen and understand business and customer needs
- Able to provide excellent customer service and add value to our solutions
- Experience in Change Management
- Understands the diversity of our customers in order to modify organisational approach to achieve best fit
Business Operations Skills – Qualifications:
- Telent Bite size courses
- Competent in MS Excel, familiar with Qlikview
- Good Presentation Skills
- Performance driven
- Promotes working together strategy
- Self-Motivated ability to work independently
- Demonstrable experience of leading a function across a range of activities
- Flexibility of approach to working hours, locations when required.
- Stake holder management
- Pro-active approach to management
- Able to go that extra mile
Excellent employee benefits:
Telent is committed to ensuring that we offer industry leading career opportunities, salary and benefits packages. Join us and you can expect to receive:
- 33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
- Company pension scheme
- A range of family friendly policies including childcare vouchers
- An employee-funded car leasing scheme
- Occupational health support
- Discounts on Cinema, Restaurants and Shopping with Telent Reward scheme
If you are looking for a new challenge and the opportunity to work for a forward-thinking key player within the telecommunications sector then don’t delay, apply today.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications.
Telent is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion.