Job Title: Operations Manager
Location: GB London/Pirin Court - GBLNN
Type of Job: Contractor - 6 Month Fixed Term Contract
Ref No.: V10544
In these extraordinary times of the coronavirus outbreak Telent is continuing to Recruit. We provide services to customers which are integral to providing mission critical systems and infrastructure across the UK and Ireland and we need to continue to deliver those services.
- To manage all aspects of field operations under London Major Projects and the Ops team.
- Putting site teams to work. Act as the main Principal Contractor delegate for the team.
- Consulted for the issue of the roles and responsibilities (RACI MATRIX) to the operational team.
- Accountable for the development, review update and assessment of operational staff ensuring training records are maintained for telent and 3rd party work force.
- Responsible for the assessment of core project processes and monitoring of Industry and legal procedures
- Responsible for appropriate monitoring and stakeholder management for operational activities.
- Consulted to the issue and implementation of all operational requirements and planned works.
- Responsible for the development, review and assessment of their own CPP's and WPP's/SSOW's and other relevant documentation (e.g. site waste management plan, environmental management plans, permits to dig, risk assessments, COSSH, section 61 consents, emergency plans, lifts plans, Ssow packs and safety inspections) and Establish and communicate site rules.
- Responsible for ensuring the Production, compliance and issue of task briefing sheets/SSI for works. Submission of permits (MOM, AON, L&E, Permit to Dig/Spike/Drill, Hot Works, ISO, Access, Fire Iso, *AC2 client responsibility)
- Responsible for the production and issue of SSOW packages for works
- Responsible for the compliance with LU/NR, Industry and Legal rules and procedures (HASAW 74, QUENSH, CDM 2015 etc…) and compliance with project specific rules and regulations
- Responsible for ensuring all operatives receive Safety Briefings/Toolbox talks/Updates on any specified risks/safety incidents/safety rules or procedure changes/Lessons learned/good practice.
- Responsible for ensuring provision of suitable Welfare facilities within defined areas they have direct control.
- Responsible for ensuring of the provision of safety critical staff for works. PWHT, SPC, L&E, specialist Engineer for Fire isolation at stations and third-party interface provision.
- Responsible for ensuring contractors comply with TFL delivery and transportation rules (FORS etc.)
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
- Detailed experience in the rail industry (TfL preferred)
- Demonstrable time spent managerial role in the field operations function.
- CDM trained
- Health and Safety trained
- Ability to work and deliver alongside other functions such as HSE, PM and Eng.
- Strong commercial awareness
Excellent Employee Benefits:
Telent is committed to ensuring that we offer industry leading career opportunities, salary and benefits packages. Join us and you can expect to receive:
- 33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
- Company pension scheme
- A range of family friendly policies including childcare vouchers
- An employee-funded car leasing scheme
- Occupational health support
- Discounts on Cinema, Restaurants and Shopping with Telent Reward scheme
If you are looking for a new challenge and the opportunity to work for a forward-thinking key player within the telecommunications sector then don’t delay, apply today.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications.
Telent is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion.