Job Title: Quantity Surveyor - London Major Projects
Location: London (Carburton Street) or Warwick
Type of Job: Permanent
Ref No.: V10543
•Working in a dynamic team across a range of projects in our Transport business with a primary focus on London based projects.
While the role has a London focus it would suit a Midlands-based candidate as we have offices in Warwick and London. (Remote working will be considered)
• Financial Project Management: Provide financial management of all assigned projects through close liaison with the project team to control internal and external costs (including subcontractor costs) and revenue.
• Managing Change: Ensure that all project variations are picked up, priced and agreed with the client to achieve maximum recovery on the project.
• Managing Dispute Avoidance: Provide commercial support of all assigned projects through close liaison with the project team to ensure any contractual issues which may affect the profitability and timely completion of the project are picked up, dealt with and agreed with the client.
• Managing Relationships: Interfacing with client commercial function as appropriate.
• Corporate Reporting: Working with finance to ensure correct recognition of orders, sales and margin.
• Office based working (a level of home working will be considered) with the project delivery team assigned to specific projects to provide financial and commercial management for the projects
• Production of Applications for Payment, Project P&Ls, costs forecasts and verification subcontractor accounts.
• Provide day to day support to the London Projects Delivery Team in support of any financial / commercial project issues that they have on their projects.
• Support project and bid teams as required in responding to ITT requests including producing and managing cost estimating and pricing.
• Provide regular reports to Telent senior management as required.
• Carry out forensic accounting function in support of project claims for extensions of time / accelerations / delay analysis, work with the project manager to prepare / submit / agreement of the claim.
• Proactively work with the other members of the QS team to develop their skills and experience and to promote the value of the QS role within telent.
Business Operations Skills – Experience:
• Detailed Quantity Surveying and/or Commercial Management experience.
• Understanding of NEC based contracts including Fixed Price and Target Cost contracting under the NEC.
• Demonstrable experience of the above Typical Deliverables.
Business Operations Skills – Qualifications:
Excellent knowledge of Microsoft office packages particularly Excel
• Degree Level Qualification in role related field.
Excellent Employee Benefits:
Telent is committed to ensuring that we offer industry leading career opportunities, salary and benefits packages. Join us and you can expect to receive:
- 33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
- Company pension scheme
- A range of family friendly policies including childcare vouchers
- An employee-funded car leasing scheme
- Occupational health support
- Discounts on Cinema, Restaurants and Shopping with Telent Reward scheme
If you are looking for a new challenge and the opportunity to work for a forward-thinking key player within the telecommunications sector then don’t delay, apply today.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications.
Telent is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion.