Telent Senior Payroll Officer, Warwick - Permanent
In these extraordinary times of the coronavirus outbreak Telent is continuing to Recruit. We provide services to customers which are integral to providing mission critical systems and infrastructure across the UK and Ireland and we need to continue to deliver those services.
To help limit the amount of face to face contact during the recruitment process, we will now do more online assessments and use Skype/Conf Calls for interviews wherever possible.
With current annual revenues in excess of £400M and 2,400 employees. We operate within various industry sectors including Rail, Traffic, Public Safety, Defence, Service Providers, Enterprise and Public Sector.
The role of the Payroll Officer is to assist the Payroll Manager to provide a fully integrated payroll service, to include completion of payroll as and when required, ensuring information is processed in accordance with internal procedures and statutory/legal requirements. Deputise for the Payroll Manager as required.
This is a key role within the HR Shared Services team which actively supports the operation of the business by providing an effective, efficient and professional service.
Particular responsibilities are:
- Support monthly processing of payroll including variable pay, benefits, PAYE, NI, court orders etc for 2500+ employees.
- Support processing of P11D information.
- Preparation of payroll reports and management information where applicable.
- Ability to verify information received, including claims for sick pay, maternity, paternity, adoption pay, and process such information in compliance with legislation.
- Ensure compliance with both internal and statutory requirements.
- Providing expert advice on any queries from internal employees.
- Acts as deputy for the Payroll Manager.
- Ensuring all payroll deadlines are achieved.
- Ensuring data accuracy in data input and resolving discrepancies.
- Resolve payroll queries and escalate if necessary.
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal and external contacts at all levels of the business.
- Ensuring payroll is compliant in the role’s area of responsibility and profession.
- Demonstrates depth of payroll knowledge.
We’d be delighted to hear from you if you have the following skills/experience:
- Applicants should have proven payroll experience gained.
- Excellent knowledge of UK payroll legislation including HMRC requirements, PAYE tax, NI, Pensions etc.
- Experience of ROI payroll preferred but not essential.
- Attention to detail.
- An ability to prioritise and work to deadlines.
- Extensive knowledge of payroll systems, preferably iTrent.
- Ability to create management information for use by both HR and Business.
- Ability to work across all levels of the business.
- Practical use of Microsoft Office applications including, Word, Advanced Excel, Intermediate PowerPoint.
Business Operations Skills – Qualifications:
- Qualified to Chartered Institute of Payroll Professionals (CIPP) Diploma level or working towards preferred but not essential.
- Finance or Business qualifications or demonstrable knowledge and understanding of monthly accounting practices would be advantageous.
- Flexible, adaptable, can demonstrate a learning agility, sharing skills/knowledge within the team.
- Exceptional work ethic with an energetic, positive attitude.
- Ability to work to strict and challenging deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
Excellent employee benefits:
Telent is committed to ensuring that we offer industry leading career opportunities, salary and benefits packages. Join us and you can expect to receive:
- 33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
- Occupational health support
- Discounts on Cinema, Restaurants and Shopping with Telent Reward scheme
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications.
Telent is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion.