Telent HR Advisor, Chorley (Permanent)
In these extraordinary times of the coronavirus outbreak Telent is continuing to Recruit. We provide services to customers which are integral to providing mission critical systems and infrastructure across the UK and Ireland and we need to continue to deliver those services.
To help limit the amount of face to face contact during the recruitment process, we will now do more online assessments and use Skype/Conf Calls for interviews wherever possible.
With current annual revenues in excess of £400M and 2,400 employees. We operate within various industry sectors including Rail, Traffic, Public Safety, Defence, Service Providers, Enterprise and Public Sector.
The Human Resources Advisor actively supports the operation of the business by providing an effective and professional HR service covering the full generalist remit.
The HR Advisor is responsible for contributing to an effective and efficient customer focussed HR service across the organisation.
This role is will be located within the HR Operations team and will require wide-ranging HR experience in operational delivery roles. Applicants should have the ability to work autonomously as well as part as a team.
- Work in partnership with Managers on performance management, employee relations, resourcing and staff management/ development. This will include supporting recruitment, talent management and succession planning.
- Provide professional advice and support to business customers dealing with individual performance issues (conduct, capability, health and attendance), grievances/complaints and employee relations issues. Ensure these are dealt with fairly and consistently in line with legal and company requirements.
- Support reward projects, including pay and benefits reviews and salary benchmarking.
- Analyse and update managers on key people metrics, eg. employment costs, turnover.
- Guide managers and staff on the application of HR policies, procedures and practices.
- Work closely with HR colleagues across the business to monitor, review and update all policies in line with current legislation and best practice.
- Provide an advisory service to employees ensuring they are fully aware of their rights and entitlements.
- Help to improve organisational performance by driving core business objectives.
We’d be delighted to hear from you if you have the following skills/experience:
- Experienced advisor, accustomed to working across the full HR remit.
- Organised and accustomed to working autonomously.
- Using MS Excel, able to analyse, manipulate and interpret data and inform managers about business risks and opportunities.
- Comfortable working with managers and technicians in industrial environments.
- Able to travel in the UK and stay away from home on an occasional basis.
- Delivery focused, confident and assertive with challenging colleagues.
- Hold a full driving licence.
- Knowledge of telecoms or engineering industry.
- Be SHL trained.
Excellent employee benefits:
Telent is committed to ensuring that we offer industry leading career opportunities, salary and benefits packages. Join us and you can expect to receive:
- 33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
- Occupational health support
- Discounts on Cinema, Restaurants and Shopping with Telent Reward scheme
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications.
Telent is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion.