Telent Management Accountant, Warwick - Permanent
In these extraordinary times of the coronavirus outbreak Telent is continuing to Recruit. We provide services to customers which are integral to providing mission critical systems and infrastructure across the UK and Ireland and we need to continue to deliver those services.
To help limit the amount of face to face contact during the recruitment process, we will now do more online assessments and use Skype/Conf Calls for interviews wherever possible.
With current annual revenues in excess of £400M and 2,400 employees. We operate within various industry sectors including Rail, Traffic, Public Safety, Defence, Service Providers, Enterprise and Public Sector.
Responsible for the overall financial reporting and management of the financial controls of the Traffic business. The ideal candidate needs to be a confident and clear communicator and be able to manage their own workload and plan well. This is a solid management accounting role suitable for a CIMA finalist or experienced accountant in later stages of their qualification with proven practical experience in this field. The role will report into the Senior Management Accountant of the Transport division.
Providing support for all financial aspects of an end to end business unit, working closely with the Senior Management Accountant & Heads of Traffic Operations.
- Production of accurate and timely financial information monthly focusing on P&Ls and working capital.
- Liaise with project and business managers to ensure robust financial controls to track and identify project costs, their correct allocation and presentation in financial reports for contract reviews.
- Month-end procedures covering revenue recognition, stock provisions, assessing WIP, cost accruals, accrued income and customer advances.
- Conducting variance analysis to budgets and forecasts and producing latest views.
- Identifying opportunities and vulnerabilities and reporting on risks.
- Assist in the production of P&L forecasts and annual budgets. Understand variances to prior forecast & budget and produce balance sheet forecast and budget.
- Preparing presentations for executive reviews and business reviews.
- Submit P&L & Balance Sheet into Hyperion.
- Provide financial support into smaller Bids and Tenders.
- Monthly review of existing contracts and their performance.
- Debtor reviews, forecasting of invoicing & cash and funding.
- Identify and improve financial processes to ensure effective information is provided to aid decision making and improve business performance as well as improving financial reporting and control.
- Hourly labour rates – annually or ad-hoc as required, produced as part of budget process. Communicate out to relevant stakeholders. Understand variances to prior year & understand residual over/under-recovery.
- Liaising with external auditors and addressing queries.
- Ad – hoc tasks as and when required.
We’d be delighted to hear from you if you have the following skills/experience:
- 2/3 years+ experience working in a management accounts role within a contracting environment.
- Experience of using ERP system (Oracle preferable).
- Advanced user of Excel.
- Good communicator.
- Able to manage heavy workload & strict deadlines.
- Experience of managing multiple stakeholders.
- Attention to detail.
- CIMA Qualified, CIMA Finalist or being in later stages of an equivalent professional qualification.
- Minimum 5 GCSE’s grade A-C with at least B in Mathematics.
Successful candidates are likely to have most of the following attributes:
- Excellent inter-personal skills.
- Pro-active and self-directed.
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as individually.
- A desire to drive changes based on developing creative and innovative alternatives.
- Prepared to challenge the status quo, and a demonstrated ability to overcome change resistance.
- Demonstrates strong influencing skills.
- A high level of energy and willingness to work under pressure.
Excellent employee benefits:
Telent is committed to ensuring that we offer industry leading career opportunities, salary and benefits packages. Join us and you can expect to receive:
- 33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
- Occupational health support
- Discounts on Cinema, Restaurants and Shopping with Telent Reward scheme
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications.
Telent is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion.