Telecoms Delivery Manager, Slough – Permanent
Are you looking for your next challenge? We are currently seeking Telecoms Delivery Manager We would love to hear from you if you have experience of fibre cable activities on external telecom infrastructure contracts.
You’ll be working in a part of Telent that is dedicated to transforming the way support is delivered nationwide to Openreach and other network providers. We aim to be the UK’s leading network installation business, harnessing and enhancing the skills of our people to deliver high-quality cost-effective services.
You’ll receive formal training and on-the-job training where appropriate – to ensure you’re up-skilled as technology develops along with E-learning schemes to help or refresh skills on-line.
You’ll be treated as an individual. We’re not a vast corporation, which means every individual counts. With us, you’ll be valued and supported, involved and empowered from day one.
In these extraordinary times of the coronavirus outbreak Telent is continuing to Recruit. We provide services to customers which are integral to providing mission critical systems and infrastructure across the UK and Ireland and we need to continue to deliver those services.
To help limit the amount of face to face contact during the recruitment process, we will now do more online assessments and use Skype/Conf Calls for interviews wherever possible.
Reporting to the Direct Labour Depot Manager you will be employed to manage the delivery programme for the depot, interfacing between the Depot Supervisors and the Project Program team. Responsibilities will include coordinating the Civils and Flex activities and ensuring the activity plan for the PON estimates is efficient.
- Supervision – Daily supervision of teams and attendance at Site.
- Carry out Joint Site Meetings with client and other relevant stakeholders.
- Provide updates on a regular basis to works control and noticing department
- Coordinate and record multiple site meeting with varying authorities.
- Ensure all permit and noticing conditions are being met on site. (NRSWA)
- Keep accurate daily records of works planned and issues encountered, Updating SOLO Notes & Project tracker notes.
- Report daily to the line manager of outputs, problems, issues.
- Carry out other duties as requested by the line manager.
- Ensure all Job Pack Supporting Documents including ‘Box to Box’ Diagrams and Openreach A537 forms are completed accurately and to specification.
- Ensure that all Traffic Management / TTRO requirements are met and recorded.
Business Operations Skills – Experience:
- Demonstrable understanding of the Openreach external network.
- Preferable experience of SOLO / Connect / CT Mobile
- Microsoft Office & PC literate.
Business Operations Skills – Qualifications:
- NRSWA Unit 2.
- IOSH Managing Safely.
Excellent employee benefits:
Telent is committed to ensuring that we offer industry leading career opportunities, salary and benefits packages. Join us and you can expect to receive:
- 33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
- Company pension scheme
- A range of family friendly policies including childcare vouchers
- An employee-funded car leasing scheme
- Occupational health support
- Discounts on Cinema, Restaurants and Shopping with Telent Reward scheme
If you are looking for a new challenge and the opportunity to work for a forward-thinking key player within the telecommunications sector then don’t delay, apply today.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications.
Telent is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion.