Environment & Sustainability Advisor, Chorley - Permanent
Are you looking for your next challenge? Do you have proven experience within Environmental and Sustainability, in particular working within the telecommunications or utilities sectors. Are you keen to further develop your career? If so, we would love to hear from you.
You’ll be working in a part of telent that is dedicated to transforming the way support is delivered nationwide to Openreach and other external network provider. We aim to be the UK’s leading network installation business, harnessing and enhancing the skills of our people to deliver high quality cost effective services.
You’ll receive formal training. – and on-the-job training where appropriate – to ensure you’re up-skilled as technology develops along with E-learning schemes to help or refresh skills on-line
You’ll be treated as an individual. We’re not a vast corporation, which means every individual counts. With us, you’ll be valued and supported, involved and empowered from day one.
You’ll have opportunities to transfer into other sectors, and even different technology areas
Reporting into the HSEQ Systems Development and Improvement Manager you will be responsible for ensuring that the Infrastructure Services Business Unit fulfils its environmental and sustainability obligations in line with internal, client and legislative requirements.
A key focus of this role will be to ensure that environmental and sustainability considerations are addressed at planning stage across all Infrastructure Services projects whilst ensuring that opportunities to minimise environmental impact and improve sustainability performance are identified, understood and incorporated into project delivery.
- Lead the development and implementation of environmental and sustainability KPI’s for Infrastructure Services projects in line with corporate and client expectations.
- Implement arrangements for capturing data to support the reporting of KPI’s to clients (as well as internally) at agreed intervals.
- Provide advice to project engineers on environmental and sustainability topics (e.g. waste management and minimisation, habitats and species, carbon reduction opportunities).
- Maintaining Environmental Risk Registers (Aspects and Impacts) for all Infrastructure Services projects and contracts.
- Develop audit schedules and undertake audit and inspections across Infrastructure Services Projects to provide assurance that environmental and sustainability requirements are being managed/delivered appropriately.
- Develop and deliver environmental/sustainability training and toolbox talks to support business needs.
- Experience in identifying and delivering improvements in environmental and sustainability performance within an organisation and across projects, including
o implementation and promotion of a reduction in waste
o implementation and promotion of the re-use and recycling of materials
o implementation and promotion of a reduction in carbon emissions
o use of low carbon resources.
- Good communication, people management and leadership skills
- Degree qualified in related subjects (e.g. environmental management)
- Full Driver’s Licence
- Appropriate memberships (e.g. MIEMA
Excellent employee benefits:
telent is committed to ensuring that we offer industry leading career opportunities, salary and benefits packages. Join us and you can expect to receive:
- 33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
- Company pension scheme
- Occupational health support
- Discounts on Cinema, Restaurants and Shopping with telent Reward scheme
If you are looking for a new challenge and the opportunity to work for a forward-thinking key player within the telecommunications sector then don’t delay, apply today.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications.
telent is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion.