- Produce, review, and evaluate detailed designs proposals, commissioning reports and handover packs.
- Manage the large scale bespoke (JOTS Compliant) designs for Cellular, Site Radio, SatCom and Radio Paging, taking ownership for project budgets and technical specification ensuring delivery on time and within budget/scope.
- Support the Design Lead and colleagues with design document approvals.
- Support, guide and help train less experienced members of the Survey & Design team.
- Support the Design Lead with all technical proposals and new business requests for Information, Pricing or Quantities.
- Remote and local troubleshooting of in-building dedicated, RFoF, Small Cell & VSAT deployed solutions. Liaising with both the client and colleagues.
- Ensure HSQE is maintained throughout all aspects of the role.
- Participate in business development at a technical and commercial level.
- Development of processes and procedures within the Radio Design department.
- Support the building of relationships with existing, new and potential clients
- Radio Planning in IBWave software in accordance with existing approved processes.
- Review System Design deliverables created by others in the team
Business Operations Skills – Experience
- Highly experienced in the production of detailed RF in-building designs including RFoF DAS, Passive DAS, Site Radio, Radio Paging and VSAT
- Highly experienced in the industries standard radio prediction and design tool; iBwave Enterprise (Rel14). Must have a proven track records in designing E2E RFoF and structured cabled solutions.
- In-depth knowledge of 2nd/3rd/4th/5th Generation radio networks and architectures. In-depth knowledge of specific technologies - GSM/UMTS/LTE-A/Wi-Fi.
- Hands on experience of general and RF specific lab equipment (Network / Spectrum Analyzer, RF Signal Generator).
- Highly experienced in commissioning active (RFoF) DAS solutions including noise, capacity and link budget calculations and analysis.
- Experienced in using CW survey methods as both a design validation and system commissioning tool.
- Strong customer facing skills interfacing at various levels (technical, managerial, and commercial) with high profile customers i.e. UK Mobile Operators.
- Ability to share knowledge and understanding in a coherent fashion and guide junior staff. Professional approach including good communication skills, especially with the client.
- Professionally qualified in an appropriate engineering or technical subject.
Business Operations Skills – Qualifications
- Degree or HNC/HND in an Engineering related subject or equivalent
- Recognised technical qualification in at least one of the technical disciplines being managed
- The role requires Security Clearance
- Along with Telent employee behaviours, these additional behaviours are required for HPC:
- Demonstrating that safety and nuclear safety, is the first consideration. Applying the Zero Harm principle
- Being prepared to “call out” when something is “not right” in a constructive and positive way.
- A desire to build robust working relationships beyond company boundaries.
- Honesty, to admit or point out when things are not going well
- Constantly seeking ways to raise performance and encouraging others to do so.
- Self-awareness and humility. Being aware of one’s own limitations and welcoming the help and support of others.
- Understanding the skills of the team members and valuing the contribution that each makes.
- Respecting the views and opinions of others, especially when they disagree with them.
- Always trying to be clear when communicating with others, taking the time to explain and to confirm the other person’s understanding.
- Recognising the power of working collaboratively.
- Resilience when faced with problems, seeking solutions and remaining positive.
Excellent Employee Benefits:
Telent is committed to ensuring that we offer industry leading career opportunities, salary and benefits packages. Join us and you can expect to receive:
- 33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
- Company pension scheme
- A range of family friendly policies including childcare vouchers
- An employee-funded car leasing scheme
- Occupational health support
- Telent Rewards Scheme
So why choose Telent for your next opportunity?
- To build, run and maintain a successful network, you need a connected approach – a team you can trust from strategy to support, and everything in between. At Telent, this is what we do!
- As part of our team, you could be working with some of the biggest names in the Traffic, Rail, Public Safety, Defence and Service Provider sectors including London Underground, Network Rail, Transport for London, RNLI, MOD and Virgin Media. You’ll help us ensure the most important messages get through – however tough the conditions.
- Here are just some of the ways we’re different:
- You’ll go further with us. We understand the importance of career development and will give you all the support you need to realise your potential. You’ll receive formal training, e-learning and mentoring from top professionals. And we offer opportunities to transfer to other sectors – or even different technology areas.
- You’ll make a difference. You could be working outdoors, battling the elements, or in one of our many offices helping us develop the network infrastructures of tomorrow.
- You’ll be treated as an individual. We’re not a vast corporation, which means every individual counts. With us, you’ll be valued and supported, involved and empowered from day one.
- You’ll be well rewarded. We offer salary progression that reflects market rates and personal performance, a flexible working environment and excellent training.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications.
Telent is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion.