Are you a Senior Network Design Engineer or someone who feels ready to move into a senior role and who is looking to work on a greenfield design project? If so, this role could be for you.
- To produce detailed design documentation, logical and physical drawings, detailed descriptions and associated sub-topics such as testing and installation specification documents.
- To effectively interface directly with the customer’s technical and operational representatives and flex the solution accordingly.
- To work within Telent’s internal design teams (both face to face and via remote collaboration) and proactively take the lead where appropriate and to work as an individual when required.
- Customer liaison and stakeholder management as and where required.
- Developing High level designs from customer requirements
- Developing Low level designs to facilitate implementation within the project workstreams.
- Timely and effective progress reporting
- Produce documentation that verifies our understanding of the requirements.
- Document our approach to the required deliverables with options.
- Produce high-level designs and low-level designs
Business Operations Skills – Experience
Strong experience in Networking design and delivery in both lab and production environments with practical experience of the following:
- TCP/IP, subnets, QoS, routing, SDN, VRFs, VLANs, VPCs and security
- Routers, switches, firewalls - Palo Alto & FortiGate
- IP routing protocols: BGP, OSPF
- Network and operating systems security principles
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Experience gained within the power generation industry or a similar environment
Business Operations Skills – Qualifications
- Work to ISO 27001 and ISO 27002 standards
Along with Telent employee behaviours, these additional behaviours are required for HPC:
- Demonstrating that safety and, in particular, nuclear safety, is the first consideration. Applying the Zero Harm principle
- Being prepared to “call out” when something is “not right” in a constructive and positive way.
- A desire to build robust working relationships beyond company boundaries.
- Honesty, to admit or point out when things are not going well
- Constantly seeking ways to raise performance and encouraging others to do so.
- Self-awareness and humility. Being aware of one’s own limitations and welcoming the help and support of others.
- Understanding the skills of the team members and valuing the contribution that each makes.
- Respecting the views and opinions of others, especially when they disagree with them.
- Always trying to be clear when communicating with others, taking the time to explain and to confirm the other person’s understanding.
- Recognising the power of working collaboratively.
- Resilience when faced with problems, seeking solutions and remaining positive.
Excellent Employee Benefits:
Telent is committed to ensuring that we offer industry leading career opportunities, salary and benefits packages. Join us and you can expect to receive:
- 33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
- Company pension scheme
- A range of family friendly policies including childcare vouchers
- Occupational health support
- Telent Rewards Scheme
So why choose Telent for your next opportunity?
- To build, run and maintain a successful network, you need a connected approach – a team you can trust from strategy to support, and everything in between. At Telent, this is what we do!
- As part of our team, you could be working with some of the biggest names in the Traffic, Rail, Public Safety, Defence and Service Provider sectors including London Underground, Network Rail, Transport for London, RNLI, MOD and Virgin Media. You’ll help us ensure the most important messages get through – however tough the conditions.
- Here are just some of the ways we’re different:
- You’ll go further with us. We understand the importance of career development and will give you all the support you need to realise your potential. You’ll receive formal training, e-learning and mentoring from top professionals. And we offer opportunities to transfer to other sectors – or even different technology areas.
- You’ll make a difference. You could be working outdoors, battling the elements, or in one of our many offices helping us develop the network infrastructures of tomorrow.
- You’ll be treated as an individual. We’re not a vast corporation, which means every individual counts. With us, you’ll be valued and supported, involved and empowered from day one.
- You’ll be well rewarded. We offer salary progression that reflects market rates and personal performance, a flexible working environment and excellent training.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications.
Telent is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion.