Highways England have awarded telent the contract for the operation and management of NRTS2 (National Roads Telecommunication Services), NRTS is the network of communication and control that Highways England uses to monitor and manage England’s motorways and major trunk roads, it is a critical component of national infrastructure supporting the country’s 4,400 mile strategic road network.
The contract includes a major technology transformation programme in addition to general maintenance and management of the network; The transformation programme comprises of 11 technology projects, including the introduction of new wireless and IP CCTV services, new management systems and the next-generation upgrade of all technology, this will ultimately enable Highways England to prepare for the future and enable safer roads, more efficient delivery and a better road user experience.
In order to be able to transform the motorway network telent require System’s Test Engineers to undertake test activities across of the NRTS technology areas to provide an independent test and verification function, acting as the customer to ensure end to end compliance/assurance across the NRTS solution.
The system test engineers will assist in the development of test activities with the NRTS technology leads to track, review and feedback the status of issues/tasks rasied.
• The development and maintenance of test documentation
• Testing of new applications and system upgrades
• The maintenance of test procedures and processes (aligned with Promapp, UCM, OpenTEXT and DOORS- DNG)
• Management and maintenance of the technology systems
• Provide engineering support to the wider NRTS engineering team
• Previous experience of executing software and hardware tests
• Experience of Rational Quality Manager or other test management tool
• Previous experience DOORS or other requirements management tool
• Previous experience of providing hardware and software and application support within an operational environment
• Previous experience building and installing IT infrastructure
• Good understanding of end to end applications in terms of protocols and ports
• Understand of test tools and applications
• Good understanding of testing practices and test techniques
• Good understanding Rational Quality Manager
• Good understanding DOORS
• Good experience of life cycle Test Phases
• Understanding of Operation support system knowledge (OSS) Alerting & Monitoring, NFT
telent is committed to ensuring that we offer industry leading career opportunities, salary and benefits packages.
• 33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
• Company pension scheme
• A range of family friendly policies including childcare vouchers
• An employee-funded car leasing scheme
• Occupational health support
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications.
telent is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion.