Role: Britbox Customer Service Advisor
Site: Work from Home
Start Date: 15/11/2021
Training Duration: 1 Week, Monday to Friday 9am – 5.30pm
Shifts: 9am-9pm Monday to Friday, and 10am-9pm Saturday & Sunday
Salary: £8.91 per hour
Who are we? We are the voice of our clients.
We are a global outsourcing customer management company with over 300,000 colleagues around the world in over 80 countries. Here in the UK, we have 19 sites, and over 7000 staff.
These fabulous roles will be based in our Tyne River House site, situated on the river side, close to the Metro Centre.
We have a reputation for hard work, outstanding results, and for simply being “a great place to work”.
What’s not to love!
What do we do? We provide fantastic service and great careers.
We interact with customers on behalf of our clients, helping to solve their queries. We make it our mission to look after customers in the way they need.
We offer a multi-channel approach, meaning we support in various ways, such as telephone, email, and web chat, through to white mail and social media interactions.
We invest in our teams and provide some fantastic opportunities for progression.
If you want to develop yourself and expand your career, our award winning training programmes and exceptional training teams are on hand to help to make this happen.
Which client will I represent?
britbox is a streaming service, brought together by the BBC and ITV to provide something fresh and distinctive to viewers in the UK. britbox will stream the very best of British television, on demand and completely add free, enabling viewers to fully immerse themselves the wonderful world of classic TV.
to make a clam on phone
What does an average day look like? Now there’s a Great question!
- A typical day will see you working in a lively & vibrant environment.
- You will start your day signing into your systems, making sure you are ready for the day ahead.
- You will engage with a variety of customers, supporting with queries around subscriptions, and costs, through to payments and cancellations.
- You will also support with installation and login and queries, and questions regarding apps on smart TVs.
- Every interaction will mirror the choice of your customers, and could be an inbound telephone call or perhaps dealing with social media, web chat or email related activities.
- Some days could be quieter with rest periods between calls, and other days could be busy with everyone wanting your help at once.
- With an hour of rest time (made up of lunch and breaks) you always have time to catch up with friends, grab something to eat at the local Café or perhaps go for a walk along the river side.
What do we need from you? People skills and confidence in your PC abilities!
- A good attitude and the ability to interact with lots of different people.
- Computer skills, and the ability to navigate multiple systems with ease.
- Flexibility, great attendance and good time keeping to make sure you are available for our customers.
What will we give you? Well there’s plenty, where do we start?
- 1 Week’s Classroom based training (paid of course) and a further week in a dedicated area on the call floor that we call “Nesting”. This is where the action happens, and where you take your first live calls. This is also where the nerves kick in, and mistakes may happen, but don’t worry, we expect that. We make it our responsibility to look after you with full support from experienced members of the team on hand to help.
- Days away from your desk to support in the local community, perhaps painting a hospital wing or cleaning a beach are some of the favourites.
- Winter and summer parties, usually held in fabulous venues. Free food & drinks!
- On site boxing, 7 aside football, a running club and more.
- We also offer quieter alternatives, such as an onsite book club, and cuppa catch ups in the canteen or local coffee shops.
- The chance to showcase your skills and fast track your career through our internal progression path.
Anything else that we have to offer? We have an amazing benefits package tailored to meet the varied needs and preferences of our diverse employees – here is a selection of what is available:
- 28 days holiday, increasing to 30 days following your 1-year service anniversary
- Free access to our Lifestyle Benefits programme – featuring discounts, special offers and exclusive employee deals from many retailer partners
- Free access to our Employee Assistance programme – 24/7/365
- Free access to our Zest Interactive Health & Wellbeing Hub
- Life Assurance Cover
- Pension Scheme
- Sports & Social Clubs
- Length of Service rewards
- Career Path Development
- Refer & Earn Scheme – earn up to £900 for referring a friend to work for TP! And £300 for your friend too!
Where do you sign up? Right here!
- Call and chat to one of the telephone team in Gateshead, who will answer your questions, book a telephone interview, and check out your skills. 0800 100 180