For over a century The Ritz has been the benchmark by which other hotels are measured.
We now have a great opportunity for a passionate wine professional as we are currently recruiting for an experienced, enthusiastic and self-motivated Commis Sommelier to assist the Sommelier Team with delivering a magical service for our guests.
This opportunity has arisen as a result of the close partnership between The Ritz London and Champagne Perrier-Jouët to offer a 12-month fix term Commis-Sommelier placement in London.
This unique opportunity reflects the close relationship between the boutique Champagne House and the UK’s most prestigious hotel, directly addressing the current lack of opportunities for on-the-job training within the high-end hospitality industry.
The successful candidate will go behind the scenes at The Ritz to shadow and learn from one of the UK’s top sommeliers; and visit Epernay during key moments of the year to discover the inner secrets of one of the world’s most exclusive Champagne cuvées, Perrier-Jouët Belle Epoque.
You must be passionate in delivering and conveying service excellence but also have experience working in a fine dining environment within a Sommelier team.
As a Commis Sommelier, you must be fully conversant with all of our menus within the Restaurant, in particular the wine list, vintages and stock availability. You must also have a positive attitude towards developing your wine knowledge.
In addition, you will need to demonstrate a good knowledge of the Hotel and you will have a natural ability to up-sell wines and F&B services.
The role will also involve assisting with postings on our social media accounts such as Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn, therefore in order to succeed in the role you will need to demonstrate good knowledge of these platforms and ability to use them effectively in accordance with the Ritz’s Image and branding requirements.
- Hotel / Fine Dining Restaurant experience is essential
- Experience working in a similar position is essential
- Sommelier qualification - WSET level 1/2 would be an advantage
- Social Media skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Enthusiastic in delivering service excellence
- A natural ability to sell
- Positive attitude towards developing wine knowledge
- Possess the ability to work under pressure and have strong organisational skills
- Has a good command of the English language, both spoken and written
- Display a polite and professional attitude to internal and external guests
- Ability to work flexible shifts
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Instant recognition scheme
- 28 holidays (including bank holidays)
- Opportunity to work for a well renowned Hotel
- Experience in luxury hotel industry
- Development and training prospects
- Employee discount scheme