We are looking to appoint an innovative and well qualified KS2 Classroom teacher to provide PPA and cover and support high quality interventions, to join Kenyngton Manor School. This is a fixed term position with the possibility of an extension.
This is a unique opportunity for a talented and ambitious professional to join dynamic Partnership Trust. We offer an outstanding professional development programme and a successful, supportive and highly strategic Senior Leadership Team.
The successful applicant must: be an excellent and passionate individual who is committed to supporting the teacher in providing innovative and challenging learning opportunities to ensure that all Kenyngton Manor School children reach their potential; have as a strong belief in inclusion and the right for each child to be successful whatever their needs and abilities; be enthusiastic about working as part of a year group team.
Our School is a two-form entry with a PAN of 60. We have approximately 400 pupils aged 2-11, this includes the part-time pre-school and nursery provision. There are 200 children in the infants including our reception classes and 170 children in the junior department. The nursery/pre-school provisions offers children and families a stimulating, well-resourced base in which to prepare for school readiness. This is supported by the on-site Sure Start Children’s Centre. We have excellent facilities, well equipped classrooms and well maintained outdoor play areas. The average class size is 26 and staff work in year group teams to collaboratively plan and deliver high quality lessons. Teaching assistants are highly skilled and play a critical role is supporting teachers and play a critical role in securing outstanding progress in pupils’ learning.
Kenyngton Manor Primary School began working with THPT a term after the school was judged to be in need of Special Measures (Autumn 2012). In November 2013, two terms after The Partnership’s support began Ofsted re-inspected the school, removed it from Special Measures and judged the Leadership and Management to be good. In November 2016 Kenyngton Manor School underwent further inspection and was judged to be good in all areas. This represents an unusually fast rate of recovery of a school placed in a category following an inspection. Ofsted November 2016:
- Leaders have high aspirations for the school. They work with passionate determination, successfully improving the school since it became an academy
- Staff feel that they are supported in their professional development. All feel the school is well led and managed. Staff morale is high
- Teaching is effective. It ensures that all groups of pupils make good progress across a range of subjects
- The school’s work to promote pupils’ personal development and welfare is good
- Pupils typically behave well in lessons and around the school. Pupils become increasingly self-confident and self-aware in this very caring, welcoming environment
- an outstanding professional development programme,
- a successful, supportive and highly strategic Senior Leadership Team and
- an opportunity to be part of a dynamic and developing organisation.
- effective PPA allocation to allow for a better work/life balance.
THPT value their staff very highly, as reflected in the excellent retention rates across the Trust. THPT also operate an extensive Rewards and Benefits Scheme that includes Loyalty & Service Awards, consideration of relocation packages, travel allowances and grants, access to discount schemes, and much more.
NQT's are welcome to apply – we offer an excellent NQT programme and development opportunities along with a ‘NQT Welcome Bonus (£2000 conditions apply)’
Visits to our school are warmly welcomed.
Closing Date: Sunday 24 June 2018
Please note applications will be forwarded to the Head Teacher of the school and interviews may happen before the closing date by mutual agreement.
Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
The Howard Partnership Trust is school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.